1HZ Auto to 1HDT Swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,

Just got myself a Jap spec 76 series with a 1HZ + A442 auto trans.
I would like to swap it with a 1HDT and keep the A442 trans.
Has this been done before? if so, anything I need to know or look out for?
I assume it should bolt straight in if the 1HDT is off an automatic donor vehicle?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Easy swap.
Changes the turbo water/oil hoses, injection pump water hose, rear crankshaft seal... it's more easy before engine installation on truck
important items (available on partouq)
HOSE, AIR CLEANER, NO.2 17882-17010
CAP SUB-ASSY, AIR CLEANER 1770517010
HOSE, VENTILATION, NO.2 1226217020

EURO4X4
TURBO ELBOW OULET 17291-17050 // HST1001

Own experience 🤘

Last edited:
Cheers mate, appreciate the tips.

Have fun ... 2 month waiting for parts but 1 week doing it ...:beer:

Have fun ... 2 month waiting for parts but 1 week doing it ...:beer:

Hahaha, 2 months if you had to wait for them... 6 months for them to get to me in Kenya SMH, twice the price after duties and taxes.
I should be able to find them at a salvage yard. (fingers crossed)

Easy swap.
Changes the turbo water/oil hoses, injection pump water hose, rear crankshaft seal... it's more easy before engine installation on truck
important items (available on partouq)
HOSE, AIR CLEANER, NO.2 17882-17010 HDJ80
CAP SUB-ASSY, AIR CLEANER 1770517010 HDJ80
HOSE, VENTILATION, NO.2 1226217020 HDJ80

EURO4X4
TURBO ELBOW OULET 17291-17050 // HST1001 can use hdj100 elbow and first pipe, can custom exhaust pipe end

Own experience 🤘
My truck only has 100 front pipe but not good for trasfer switch, fuel line, or brake line.... its temporary

Hahaha, 2 months if you had to wait for them... 6 months for them to get to me in Kenya SMH, twice the price after duties and taxes.
I should be able to find them at a salvage yard. (fingers crossed)
:doh:

If the 1HDT is out of an 80 you’re going to need different engine brackets to fit the 70. I’m not sure what’s different about them, the part numbers don’t match up though. These are the mounts that bolt to the engine, the mounts on your frame are already correct.

If the 1HDT is out of an 80 you’re going to need different engine brackets to fit the 70. I’m not sure what’s different about them, the part numbers don’t match up though. These are the mounts that bolt to the engine, the mounts on your frame are already correct.
He can use HZ brackets and engine mounts... I did it like that👍
It's a big problem install old hz (hzj75) on lc100( torsion bar), right engine bracket use different bolt pattern. Those holes aren't open on old HZ.

Thank you fellas, much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom