1HZ alternator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I picked up this 1HZ alternator for slightly more than a 1/3 the cost of the OEM.
I cant tell the difference between the new alt and my old one except the new doesnt have a label.

My auto electrician got it for me after he checked the quality and give it the thumbs up.
Its rated at 110 amps but the test data says its capable of 137 amps:cool:
robs pics 002 (Small).jpg
robs pics 001 (Small).jpg

Yes where and who?

VTCruiser said:
where did you buy it/who makes it?

I got no idea who makes it. None of the components have names or country of origin although Im assured its not made in the PRC.
Its possible its OEM. My auto electrician says some of the products from his supplier are OEM for other brands such as Hyundai.

It came from this shop.
http://www.aea.com.au/shopping/Alternator_UnitsNippon_Denso.html

I think they have the quality aftermarket starters as well.Im not sure if theyll sell to the public,but Ill ask them tomorrow and if theyll do overseas:D

A closer look at the specs, Ihope you can read them
robs pics 003 (Small).jpg

Last edited:
I hate you .. you don't have vaccum pump issues, to change alternator, I'm married with some alternator with vaccum pump, or buy a electrical vaccum pump about 350 USD .. :)

Wow, a 137A alternator... here we have to go for a Mean Green or a GM CS130 to get that kind of amperage.

Yes, we all have the Aussies to envy, they got the HDJ78/79 much earlier than anyone else that even the Japanese didn't even get :)

Dave

If anyone wants one,their Sydney branch will send them to North America for $326AUD + freight.
Ask for Tom:D

roscoFJ73 said:
If anyone wants one,their Sydney branch will send them to North America for $326AUD + freight.
Ask for Tom:D

$326 for an HDJ78? I'll take ten please :D

bigbrowndog said:
Dave,,, Keep in mind what we have to PAY for the things.[inflated Aussie prices.AHHHH.]

You guys down under sure have a strong aftermarket industry for landcruiser parts. Isn't there a healthy price competition too?

Dave

beanz2 said:

You guys down under sure have a strong aftermarket industry for landcruiser parts. Isn't there a healthy price competition too?

Dave

Are these the same alts as a HDJ78? The box says 1HZ

Finding the ones that will deal with O/S customers is not easy.
The healthy price competition could always be healthier:D

Tapage said:
I hate you .. you don't have vaccum pump issues, to change alternator, I'm married with some alternator with vaccum pump, or buy a electrical vaccum pump about 350 USD .. :)

:D Then you need a new mistress:D

This place in Sydney http://www.aea.com.au/shopping/Alternator_UnitsNippon_Denso.html
have a full range of new OEM Toyota alts for all H ,HZ ,B FZ and F cruisers WITH PICS :D
The HJ60 is $680 including the vaccum pump plus overseas frieght,ask for Mick

I think thats way cheaper than Toyota.

beanz2 said:

Dave
Yes and no, a lot depends where you are. When I posted that I was thinking more along vehicle prices..Eg on chit chat , Nissan 350z US$ 35,000 Oz kicks off at $65,000. Our Monaro exported to the USA as the Pontiac G.T.O. [goat] is $10,000 cheaper in the States with higher specs.They also had to shift the fuel tank from behind the axle to in front of it and other changes to comply with U.S, specs guess the Oz suckers paid for this.A lot of quality tools,parts like superchargers,turbos,big brakes,cams & roller rockers,aircon pumpr,quality bearings and bolts,yada yada are a lot cheaper. Leaves wimpering into his beer. :cheers: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

roscoFJ73 said:
:D Then you need a new mistress:D

This place in Sydney http://www.aea.com.au/shopping/Alternator_UnitsNippon_Denso.html
have a full range of new OEM Toyota alts for all H ,HZ ,B FZ and F cruisers WITH PICS :D
The HJ60 is $680 including the vaccum pump plus overseas frieght,ask for Mick

I think thats way cheaper than Toyota.

mmmm my alternator funtion fine ( yet :D ) the problem is, only 60 amp, I can do some modif to it, and now I can get aprox 88 amp, but compare it with 137 amp .. :oops:

you may pay alot but, at least you can go buy a new 78 munster, I can't, so who's grass is greener?

WARNING: Hijack alert!

I spoke with the guys at AEA and they quoted me a price of $340(US!!!) for a 12V 80amp alternator/vac. pump assembly. Something doesn't compute here. Rosco mentioned a price of $680 us. I'm pretty sure I asked for alt AND vac. pump.

Second question: is it ok if it's 80amps? The one I have now is what around 40 if I read other material correctly. Please educate me on why it is ok/not ok to have a 12V 80A alternator when before there was an 12V 40A or 55A? They can get a 55A one but they're more expensive ("more dear" as he put it).

Thanks,
Paul

rubycakes said:
I spoke with the guys at AEA and they quoted me a price of $340(US!!!) for a 12V 80amp alternator/vac. pump assembly. Something doesn't compute here. Rosco mentioned a price of $680 us. I'm pretty sure I asked for alt AND vac. pump.

Second question: is it ok if it's 80amps? The one I have now is what around 40 if I read other material correctly. Please educate me on why it is ok/not ok to have a 12V 80A alternator when before there was an 12V 40A or 55A? They can get a 55A one but they're more expensive ("more dear" as he put it).

Thanks,
Paul

Hi Rubycakes. I usually add "AUD" when quoting in AUD. The $680 AUD is about $516 USD so there is still a discrepancy.
The price I got was for a HJ60 and their catalogue doesnt list a 80 amp alt to suit a 60 series that I could see.
Only a 55/60 amp.

One of us was given a bum steer

Rosco,

That's why I'm scratching my head. I can't even find the quoted alt. on their online catalog:
http://www.aea.com.au/shopping/index.html
The one I asked about was the ALT2830 but I was quoted a price on the ALT2830-80.

What are the issues involved with using an 80amp versus 55amp (assuming both fit the same)? I dont' understand the electrical implications.

The guy I spoke with is sending me more info today (they were having internet "issues" yesterday).

Thanks,
Paul

rubycakes said:
Rosco,

That's why I'm scratching my head. I can't even find the quoted alt. on their online catalog:
http://www.aea.com.au/shopping/index.html
The one I asked about was the ALT2830 but I was quoted a price on the ALT2830-80.

What are the issues involved with using an 80amp versus 55amp (assuming both fit the same)? I dont' understand the electrical implications.

The guy I spoke with is sending me more info today (they were having internet "issues" yesterday).

Thanks,
Paul
I guess the 2830-80 not on their list if they have one.

I dont know much about amperage but the electrician I use says its ok.
Im going from 55 to 110 or possibly 137 if the specs are correct:D
The benefits are that you can run more appliances.
And anyway they are Nippon Denso and designed for your landcruiser.:cool:

The stock HJ-60 alternator are 55/60 AMP, good for all stock devices .. but if you have 2 bnat, winch, stereo, aux light .. for sure you need other more powerfull alternator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom