1HDT vs 1HZ engine... parts availability here in the USA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Forum,

If I understand it correctly the 1HZ is a more common engine globally than the 1HDT, so does that mean it's very easy to get parts for it here in the USA?
Are 1HDT parts harder to come by?? and more expensive?

thanks

I also looked into this question before buying mine.

My consensus was that the 1HD-T is a very common engine and parts can be found, but that doesn't mean it will be cheap.

A quick search had a full engine for $9-10k

Obviously you can't go to your local Autozone/O'reilly/NAPA to find parts, but its more about finding sourcers here online. I would go through importers.

Hope it helps and I look forward to other peoples responses.

@beno and @Akella can get pretty well anything you'll ever need, you learn to plan ahead and keep an inventory of maintenance items (filters, etc). There's never been anything I've needed but couldn't find so far.

No difference between a 1HZ or 1HD-T.

Easy.

Either way you should work on becoming knowledgeable with importing parts and their sources.

Or hope that you are cool enough for Onur to do business with you.

But don't expect to be able to hop into www.cheapparts.com and get what you need. At least, not without a LOT of knowledge bringing you there (but you wouldn't be asking this question if you had that type of expertise).

But parts are readily available for both through Toyota, if you know how to get them. Some vendors stock lots of the bits you would need too, I'd familiarize yourself with them.

Dan

You Americans have it easy, Canadians have had 10+ years to figure out how to obtain the unobtainium and now you can just sit back and bask in the knowledge, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom