1HDT throttle linkage/ cable routing questions/ picture request (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, I'm hoping someone more familiar with these can help_

I bought a mid 90's 1HDT for a 40 conversion
The engine is missing all of the throttle/ injection pump linkage, and possibly missing a bracket on the intake that may be throttle related.
I've reached out to the seller but I'm thinking the parts are long gone.
I know the engine came out of a truck with an automatic, so I don't think I need any of the kick down linkage, or the TPS
I plan on doing the ACSD delete also.

I'm really just looking to see what goes where, main throttle cable, idle up cable, etc. Basically just the minimum to get it to run with a 5 speed behind it. Ive looked, but I can't seem to find a zoomed out pic that shows everything connected.
Thank you all, this forum is a huge help...

20230413_110557.jpg

20230413_110615~2.jpg

Screenshot_20230413_111714_Firefox~3.jpg

Last edited:
Picture #2, the bracket is bent 90 degrees vertical, it sits flat and receives the throttle cable, when it rotates its pushes the longer of the 2 linkage rods (Bell and Crank Style linkage I think they are called) attached to the throttle arm. the smaller of the 2 rods moves the armature for the Cruise control and the vacuum operated idle up (the pivot is in Red in the 3rd pic). the only thing you need to get it to run is put 12 volts the fuel solenoid on the pump and it will idle all by itself, move the throttle arm to rev it up (Armature that both rods attach to.

That makes all the sense in the world...I was trying to figure out how that arm in the 2nd pic was supposed to work 😂

I did find the longer of the two rods from partsouq, part number 7810460010. Still looking for the shorter rod. Partsouq doesn't show it, but they show something similar with plastic ends. It's $7 so I'll get it and see
Thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom