1HDT Oil Sample (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I recently submitted an oil sample for my 1HDT. It came back as lead being marginal…3ppm

I know that may indicate BEB’s, but I guess my question is:

Is 3ppm something that I need to worry about right away?

I have since changed my oil and filters (full flow and Amsoil Bypass).

New to the Land Cruiser and I am wanting to treat it right.

The PO provided documentation that the BEB’s were previously replaced.

TIA
Jeff

Not the expert and don't know anything about your engine, but FWIW have been doing EOA's on my 1FZFE for over 10 years and always had a little lead, highest was 19ppm 10+ years ago. After I switched to a heavier weight oil the numbers dropped to 6 or less.
Those numbers could be a bit artificially low due to 4-6 quarts of make up oil added between changes. Engine runs fine with 300,000 miles.

Main point above is that Blackstone was not worried, felt it
might have been a bit of debris stuck in a bearing, or a "bearing streak" as they called it. FWIW.

What did the laboratory say about the levels, did you use Blackstone Laboratories? They compare results to similar engines, but then there may not be a lot of 1HDT's in their database??

Last edited:
Who did you submit your sample to?

Blackstone Labs offers a dialog on their service and you can research on their site what the numbers mean and how it applies.

There's a thread on here asking to post your results so everyone can see comparisons.

I submitted my sample to Oil Analyzers Inc.

Attached is the printout I received.

I hope it is readable.

F36BEE91-C75D-469D-9765-009676046022.jpeg

I submitted my sample to Oil Analyzers Inc.

Attached is the printout I received.

I hope it is readable.

View attachment 2992128
You may get better trtaction talking to the folks in the Diesel section, but there's not as much traffic as in the 80 section.

I know from reading a lot that these are known to need Big End Bearing's (BEB's) as a PM thing, but I have no personal experience on them.

That is my understanding as well.

Just not sure if I need to do it since the OEM BEB’s were swapped out approximately 15,000km ago.

I was thinking (hoping) that might be a one time thing.

I’ll continue with oil analysis and keep an eye on things

Thank You everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom