1HDT Manual Transmission Removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I am replacing my clutch on my hdj80 manual. I am wondering the easiest way to take the shifter out to get the transmission out. The shift lever is hitting the transmission tunnel when I try moving it back. Is there any way to remove the transmission without removing the shift lever? If I need to remove it what is the best way to go about that?

Thanks,
Joseph

F94C4DB6-B74C-4754-89B0-4A6F42458334.jpeg

Press down and rotate counter clockwise on the shinny collar where the shifter enters the top of the transmission. The shifter can then be pulled out.

Thank you for the reply! What should i press the collar down with?

Thanks,
Joseph
use your fingers, there is a spring putting tension upward on the collar so it locks. press the collar down and twist counter clockwise to release the collar from the retaining pins as it has been stated . on a clean/new transmission this is easy however after years of dirt buildup this may be difficult, wd40 or some sort of oil will help.
watch below if you need a visual, its on a 4runner but its basically the same thing.

Note a couple of things, the trans comes out easier than it goes back in which can lead to clutch damage. Once out remove the stud that holds the starter motor and also lower the front anti roll bar, sooo much easier when going back together.

Regards

Dave

Note a couple of things, the trans comes out easier than it goes back in which can lead to clutch damage. Once out remove the stud that holds the starter motor and also lower the front anti roll bar, sooo much easier when going back together.

Regards

Dave
got it Ill do that. Thanks for the help!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom