1hdt injector pump leak *wierd* (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Guys, new to the cruiser world and i bought one with a horrible shake on idle in any gear. whislt digging around in engine bay to resolve, i saw my injector pump is leaking where the injector lines leave the pump. all lines are tight and it "seems" to be coming from behind the plate where the lines connect. Is that even possible and if so, any ideas what is the part number for the gasket? i have searched online parts diagrams but cannot seem to fnd it.

Thanks alot in advance

Is that even possible

Injection pumps have been leaking since the day they were invented. I dont think there is a gasket, just a couple of Orings
90099-1405290099-14053

To be honest I think you will fix these, then it will begin to leak elsewhere. Im not sure removing the distributor head is a job for a newby

How many rpms before it runs smooth?

it only does it in a gear, so neurtal and park are fine. if i hold i at 900 rpm its fine, if i let go throttle it starts to beat up. I def will not be tackling this problem myself. Technical mechanical stuff i leave to the experts. electrical things. i fix myself. :)

Can this job be done whislt pump is on van? would really hate the expense and worse the downtime to have it removed.

Reason i didnt see those o rings is cause its on teh left of the parts diagrams lol. might have figured it out had it been on the rigth side closer to the injector lines

You could have 2-3 problems here. Its probably 25 + years old and never been off the engine. I think it can be done fixed to the engine, but you have this idle problem. I would get a shop experienced in this type of pump and ask their advice. It would be pointless fixing the orings and then having to remove the pump anyway.

What does it idle at normally?

no idea, it started to happen jsutbefore i took ownership. when i test drove it a couple weeks before it was fine. but when engine is cold it idles fine at 900. only when warm it acts up

I'll call a pump speciality shop this week then. The cost of the orings are so small i'll order them now just in case they can swap it for me. Prefer they use OEM anyhow

Make sure they have some idea of Denso or Bosch rotary pumps, and if possible, a Landcruiser rotary pump.
Ask them if its possible to bench test it if they have to remove it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom