1HDT FT crank case filling up with diesel (1 Viewer)

joekatana

GOLD Star

@Nostradamus I don’t know what the storms kick up on the NW coast of the country; the east coast & Gulf coast hurricanes are no joke. You can ride out a hurricane depending on your proximity to the storm and water/coast. The heavy rain/wind of a category 4 hurricane can easily rip a house to pieces.

@joekatana Do you think a pre-cleaner hat would have been enough to keep out the rain? Crazy to think the rain was blowing sideways to the extent a snorkel and a roof wasn’t enough protection.
When one of the storms was hoosing down I was working in the shop and the cruiser was parked in front of the shop under a 18 ft awning and water was passing the cruiser and blowing another 15ft in to the shop before I closed the doors , heavy rain and strong winds are never a good combination. I still haven't seen any proof of it entering trough the snorkel but I have no other explanation , I have that big scoop opening in my cruiser so enormous amounts of water passed trough there direct on to the engine also but I am flabbergasted as to how that rain water found it's way in to the turbo inlet ?

Nostradamus

SILVER Star

@Nostradamus I don’t know what the storms kick up on the NW coast of the country; the east coast & Gulf coast hurricanes are no joke. You can ride out a hurricane depending on your proximity to the storm and water/coast. The heavy rain/wind of a category 4 hurricane can easily rip a house to pieces.

@joekatana Do you think a pre-cleaner hat would have been enough to keep out the rain? Crazy to think the rain was blowing sideways to the extent a snorkel and a roof wasn’t enough protection.
Yeah. I wasn't too sure how windy it was during the most recent hurricane down there. I grew up in Florida, so totally understand what a mess hurricanes can make. Rain can certainly come at you sideways for hours.

CycloSteve

SILVER Star

I just pulled the injectors and turned the engine over by hand a few times , I might be lucky this time . Gonna send the injectors out for rebuild , I would like to do a compression test but haven't found a place where they sell the adaptor for the FT engines.

Snap-On M3585 with a bit of modifications works.

joekatana

GOLD Star

How'd this turn out?
Weirdly enough it turned out to be rainwater from the pounding storms that entered the engine trough the turbo ( hose clamp that connects turbo intake with airbox was loose) , drained everything pulled the injectors and had them rebuild and it's running fine now , got a bit more smoke at a cold start so I probably am gonna rebuild or replace the turbo soon , want to do a compression test also if I can get my hands on a compression tester for the FT.

joekatana

GOLD Star

Just returned from a 500 mile trip to the Lone Star Cruiser Roundup hauling a trailer with my HZJ73 crawler . Topped off all the fluids before I left and an happy to still see them at the exact same level after returning driving fighting tx headwinds with a heavy load on the trailer.
To celebrate I put one of @bottombracket 1HDTFT decals on the engine , thanks again buddy 🍻

IMG_2800.JPG
IMG_2780.JPG
EC6117F1-E274-4B23-A187-8BC5A5B1EC82.jpeg

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom