1HDT Changing Turbo Coolant Path (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

Just in the process of mounting up a new Mamba turbo to my 1HDT and one of the things I've noticed is the coolant for the turbo is coming from the output pipe of the block which runs off to the radiator (EG the hottest coolant) and is solely relying on the suction from the return side of the turbo to circulate coolant.

I was wondering whether its worth using the output pipe which normally runs to the ACSD (which has since been removed and blocked). That way the coolant would be a little cooler but more importantly would be "pressurised" which should give greater flow to the turbo.

I guess in a more broad sense do you want maximum cooling/flow for a turbo which is running higher boost pressure?

I'm not concerned about the effort/cost (as I'm already running larger braided lines so its just a question of where i terminate).

Cheers,

I have a Mamba on my 1HDT td05-18g . I made some steel lines to align with the stock pipes. Check post #863 page 44 on the The 2H/12H-T/1HZ/1HD-T/1HD-FT Gturbo Alternative Tech Thread. That set up has done about 20,000km.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom