AltFuel 1HD-T with Diesel SVO mix? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Could I... just add (say) 35% SVO to 65% diesel, straight into the main tank on my 1HDT, and let it mix up in there? ie rather than separate tanks etc?

I live in a (relatively) warm climate, winter doesn't usually get much below 5C very often, mostly more like 10-12C, I've seen zero C about twice in 10 years, and summer is more like 15C low to 35C high.

maybe run 20% in winter and 50% in summer? so if I add 1 litre SVO to every 4 litres Diesel straight into the main tank, what would I expect to happen? ok, or issues?

any experience / advice on the 1HDT and SVO pairing, mix %'s & operating temperatures gratefully received, thanks in advance.

Should be ok, but from what i have been told and seen is you might get the injector pump and or old rubber hoses start to leak, so could be expense if you have to re seal the injector pump. they also say that direct injection isnt the best with bio or wvo but many still seem to run it without issue. make sure you let it sit for as long as you can so the s*** settles out to the bottom and put it through a good filter before you put it in the car, as well as get a few filters ready for the car, as the oil can clean any crap out of the tank and send it through the filter.

You could I would say 50% in the summer is a bit high if you aren't going to run a fuel temp gauge and a least one heat exchanger. The SVO shouldn't affect your seals. Bio-diesel will.
But yeah it will clean out your engine. Run a couple or three tanks then change your fuel and oil filters.

I've run a lot of SVO through my 1hd-t. It is not the absolute most ideal engine for this application, it tends to be slightly cold-blooded, but it also can handle it just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom