1HD-T Water Pipe (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
Threads
Website
www.4x4panama.com
Pic credit goes to Cruisin ..

I wanna know how it's this piece attached to the t-stat housing ... mine was bit rusted in to the end of both connections that goes to the CT26 and I want to program that replacement .. ( wasn't ready when was doing turbo swap )
ct26waterpipe.jpg

one of the engine l am rebuilding just came back from the machine shop,l couldn't get those pipe out,i think the machine shop couldn't/don't want to get them out either,l can look tomorrow,the block is wrapped in black garbage bag now.
Simon

I was looking at that the other day too and while mine is in really good shape (by the looks of it) I was wondering how it gets off. I looked at it on the EPC and it just shows the pipe with no gaskets or anything.... anyone look in the shop manual?

I was looking at that the other day too and while mine is in really good shape (by the looks of it) I was wondering how it gets off. I looked at it on the EPC and it just shows the pipe with no gaskets or anything.... anyone look in the shop manual?

wonder the same .. my EPC only shows water pipe as one piece .. ( actually didn't show the lines to the turbo ) but not clear if it's one part number with the t-stat housing ..

wonder the same .. my EPC only shows water pipe as one piece .. ( actually didn't show the lines to the turbo ) but not clear if it's one part number with the t-stat housing ..

Yes I noticed that too... Maybe someone can order it and see what the connection looks like LOL

I checked the shop manual and I couldn't find it... Someone must know something or maybe nobody has had to replace it yet.

I put one of these onto the 1HZ I had rebuilt a few years back. Its all one piece and its a press fit .It goes in like a welch plug.
I could not find any info on it so I went back and asked the engine rebuilder and he told me it was just hammered in.
I put a flat piece of timber over it and give it a good whack with a hammer and I think it went in with 1 or 2 good hits.
The bit that goes into the block has a taper on it ,so it gets nice and tight.
It never leaked in the 6 years I had that engine.
I think I got the old one by levering it back and forth till it dropped out.

Engines that dont have a heater just have a plug in there I suppose.

robspics055-1.jpg

Yes - pipe just hammers into the block. Undo one hanger bolt on side of pipe and pivot up and down to remove.

Sweet thanks boys!

anyone know the part number and how much it would cost?

1HZ - Presumably w/o the nipple for the turbo 16268‑17010
1HD-T/1HD-FT - Prob with nipple for turbo 16268-17020

As for price I would think around 65$?

Cheers!

cool, i was interested in the turbo one.
Got my ct26 and slowly piecing together a few more things.
Keeping my options open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom