1HD-T oil filter drip tray

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
On my '91 HDJ81, there was a black drip tray sandwiched between the block and the oil filter, routed any drips to the bottom of the tray, and down a hose that ran to the bottom of the engine bay, close enough to the oilpan drain plug that you could catch drips from both with a single drain pan.

My '93 does not have this, and I can't seem to find it on ToyoDIY to get the part #'s. Does anyone have this on their truck, or any info on it? I wish I had a pic, but it didn't seem unique when I still have my 1st LC, now that I don't have it I really see the value in it.

Found this thread:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/1hz-1hd-oil-filter-catch.681654/#post-8229060

This is VERY similar to what my last truck had, but it also had a hose that ran down to the bottom of the engine bay, and this looks like it would simply catch and hold drips, you'd have to wipe it out before putting the new filter on, which wouldn't be the end of the world at all, way better than nothing.

Edit: maybe it was my Surf that had the hose off the tray, but I'm 99% sure my LC had it as well.

Im cheap, I dump my oil (hot) and about an hour or so later I spin off the oil filter and no mess..... Never had a problemo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom