1HD-T in FZJ80 - transmission thoughts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi

I'm about to remove the 1FZ-FE and A442F from my FZJ80 to install an 1HD-T along with the older (A440F ?) transmission which I believe I will receive tomorrow or the day after. I'm thinking of the A442F that is currently installed. Has anyone here done the swap but kept the petrol transmission?

Hi

I'm about to remove the 1FZ-FE and A442F from my FZJ80 to install an 1HD-T along with the older (A440F ?) transmission which I believe I will receive tomorrow or the day after. I'm thinking of the A442F that is currently installed. Has anyone here done the swap but kept the petrol transmission?
An answer to this one would be highly appreciated...

The 1HD-T never received the A440F transmission. All 1HD-T engines were mated to hydraulically controlled A442F transmissions.
Ah, yes, you're correct! I should have changed the question. I found out afterwards the transmission I received with the 1HD-T is A442F, the older type. Still, I don't like it and I'm trying to figure out if I can use the A442F that came with the 1FZ-FE with the 1HD-T.

You need to correlate parts to determine fitment and applicability, in general.

Investigate areas like gaskets— where two assemblies meet.

Investigate input shafts to determine cross-applicability.

Then, what inputs are required for A440F slush box operation? Which ones are used for the later A442F? (Integration of some solenoid controls makes a big difference).
Then, what inputs are required for A440F slush box operation? Which ones are used for the later A442F? (Integration of some solenoid controls makes a big difference).

Lots of questions to ask....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom