1HD-T Exhaust Upgrades (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I searched and didn't find much. If I missed something please point me in the right direction and I'll promptly f*@$ off.

I'm moving the 1HD-T from my HDJ80 to my later FZJ80 and upgrading to a GTurbo/Pump/Intercooler set up. I need an exhaust to go with that set-up but have't found anything in the US. Obviously the fine folks in Oz seem to have quite a few options. And if I have to order from there then so be it.

What's everyone running on their 1HD-T's for exhaust? Any recommendations? Should I just go with 3" straight pipes?? :rofl:

Cheers!

I run a 3inch custom turboback,

bought one of these:

and

one of these:

and a couple of these:
Amazon product ASIN B01IWZ2ANO
Love it

I run a 3inch custom turboback,

bought one of these:

and

one of these:

and a couple of these:
Amazon product ASIN B01IWZ2ANO
Love it

Does that downpipe direct exhaust inside the framerail, or outside like stock routing?

Does that downpipe direct exhaust inside the framerail, or outside like stock routing?

Inside, she t i t e:
IMG_6128.JPG

Check out my turbo build linked in my signature.
This is in a 105 series, but engine, chassis, trans etc are the same.
Definitely run the exhaust on the inner side of the chassis, you get a far better path with much less bends. Its tight, but 100% doable.

Each time I've done an exhaust for a diesel I've used as long a braided flex as possible.
I also used the largest full flow mufflers I could fit under the floor and at the rear.
The exhaust I made for my HDJ81 had no mufflers initially and it was hideously noisy so I fitted some big mufflers. My hzj105 is quiet, but still sounds good.
Full flow straight through mufflers don't reduce performance but keep the noise and drone down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom