1HD-T exhaust question. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a 3" SS Bolt On Exhaust Kit for an HDJ-81 with 1HD-T...
- noise vs performance feedback?
- in frame vs stock routing?
- vendor suggestions?
- shipping suggestions?
- can someone just buy on behalf and ship to Canada?

Thanks on behalf of Canada. You make better movies, but we have better scenery. Politics suck evenly.

PM on the last item. Thx

PM sent.

I just had a custom exhaust fabricated from aluminized steel locally. If I remember correctly, it cost me like $550. Way cheaper than 304 stainless, which in all honesty, is going to rust too. I had the shop route it like stock. Running a single muffler. A little throatier than stock, but not obnoxious.

Yes I ordered from PPD Performance (West Australia near Perth I believe). Arrived about 5 days later via UPS airfreight. Total with shipping to Canada around $780.00 USD.

Will try to up a video when done. Waiting on some OEM exhaust isolation blocks from Partsouq currently. Hardest part was accessing the hidden stud on the cast adaptor fitting at the turbo outlet. A swivel ratchet and just the right long socket finally got it (otherwise you have to remove the manifold heat shield). Will up some installation pics too if anyone is interested.

Here are some Aussie boys hooking one up from Legendex -

Great video. No berserker pipe for me though. Muffler all the way, that subdued, throaty sound is so sweet...

Out with the Old...
IMG_9863.JPG

In with the new...
IMG_9865.JPG

Yes I ordered from PPD Performance (West Australia near Perth I believe). Arrived about 5 days later via UPS airfreight. Total with shipping to Canada around $780.00 USD.

Will try to up a video when done. Waiting on some OEM exhaust isolation blocks from Partsouq currently. Hardest part was accessing the hidden stud on the cast adaptor fitting at the turbo outlet. A swivel ratchet and just the right long socket finally got it (otherwise you have to remove the manifold heat shield). Will up some installation pics too if anyone is interested.

Damn that is pretty good value at $780 USD on your door, you would be hard pressed to make it for that. Is that stainless ? and it looks like you got a dump as well ?

Damn that is pretty good value at $780 USD on your door, you would be hard pressed to make it for that. Is that stainless ? and it looks like you got a dump as well ?
Yeah it's turbo back. All 304SS. Fitup has been an issue with these but for the price...

Almost a year on, how is the PPD exhaust treating you?

It seems so much cheaper then the other Aussie 3" SS exhausts, especially for being 304SS, figure there has to be a catch...

figure there has to be a catch...

From ppd website

M4-148_480x480.jpeg

Clearly made to follow the standard route, outside the frame, then crossing back over to the inside

Far nicer route to run it inside the frame rail all the way.

From @MUDZLLA comments, sounds like some fitment issues??

Looks like pretty good value though. Would be an improvement over the OEM exhaust, but could be better.
When I built a 3" stainless system, I spent more than that on materials.

Too many bolted flange joints for my liking.

From ppd website

View attachment 3019119

Clearly made to follow the standard route, outside the frame, then crossing back over to the inside

Far nicer route to run it inside the frame rail all the way.

From @MUDZLLA comments, sounds like some fitment issues??

Looks like pretty good value though. Would be an improvement over the OEM exhaust, but could be better.
When I built a 3" stainless system, I spent more than that on materials.

Too many bolted flange joints for my liking.

I know it’s an apples to oranges comparison, on my 6BT I wanted to keep it inside the frame rails, but it is really tight with the driveshaft and t-case and bell housing in there.

I did manage to run 4” on the outside of the frame, and up and over the frame rail, with no body lift. It’s tight AF, but I have clearance around the pipe with insulation wrap on the over the frame section. It required a mount on the frame right near that spot but it can be done.

Short version, if someone really wants 3.5” or 4” it is a possibility. With the Cummins Donk it runs better and boosts a bit quicker with the 4”

Also for the Canadian makers, there is a company in red deer called “Flo-pro” they make mufflers there, I got my 4” SS 29” long pipe for about $140 from them.

4” SS elbows were sourced off aliexpress for about $25 a piece shipped.

My apologies if I’m making this about my build

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom