1HD-T EGT Temparature? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I've got a 1HD-T not intercooled with the EGT probe fitted in the manifold.

What is the maximum temperature you can run on and for how long?
When cruising at 120km/h the EGT is 450 degrees Celsius. When putting foot down up hill it reach up to 850 'C, whereby my alarm warns me and I slightly lift my foot from the paddle to drop the EGT. Been driving like this for 15 000 km.

I've always seen it recommended that 1250F (677C) sustained EGT's pre-turbo was the safe max you should be shooting for. Others will say you can push beyond that. I like to keep it safe.

My probe is in the manifold and I cant get the temps to go over 1000 degrees F, that’s with a 12 foot box trailer, my unloaded no trailer temps at 120kph is about 600 F, but I’ve always been told that 1250 is about max safety for longevity

I run around 800-900F at highway speed and have to back off or shift down to keep it under 1250 under load.

Hi, I've got a 1HD-T not intercooled with the EGT probe fitted in the manifold.

What is the maximum temperature you can run on and for how long?
When cruising at 120km/h the EGT is 450 degrees Celsius. When putting foot down up hill it reach up to 850 'C, whereby my alarm warns me and I slightly lift my foot from the paddle to drop the EGT. Been driving like this for 15 000 km.

I personally have no problem with these EGTs.
I wouldn't push beyond 850c for any length of time.

Thanks to everyone's input, much appreciated. I'll keep my pump and boost settings as is and just watch the EGT gage, thats why I installed it.

Attached is my dyno readings, wasn't 3rd gear but 4th gear it was tested on.

Attachments

• Dastek Dino_18012019.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 92
I have pre-turbo installed sensor. Max temp I seen is 670’C

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom