1hd-t downpipe, where to get one stateside?

I want to have a local shop build me a 3" system inside the frame rails on my hdj81. I was told by torfab to basically get a downpipe and have the system built.

Which leads me here. Who, or where can I get a 3" downpipe?

Great question @Dunsten! We are getting ready to get our 91 HDJ81's exhaust replaced and I have been wondering the exact same thing. The exhaust shop I went to for a quote said they'd probably be able to do a 3" system (factory routing), but they were not clear on the downpipe.

AussieHJCruza

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Website
www.completecruisers.com.au
I also can't find a vendor that ships it here. I'd love to just buy a full kit and do it myself.
We can supply Manta systems and use them ourselves but heads-up that shipping a complete system will cost in the order of $600 AUD.

Drop me a PM if you'd like to discuss further.

mudgudgeon

SILVER Star
I want to have a local shop build me a 3" system inside the frame rails on my hdj81. I was told by torfab to basically get a downpipe and have the system built.

Which leads me here. Who, or where can I get a 3" downpipe?

Buy or cut a turbo flange and fabricate the whole thing.

Check out my sig for pics of what I did for my turbo build

I previously did essentially the and thing for my hdj81 (no pics)

I just bought a Legendex from Superior engineering for my HDJ81. Yeah, shipping was crazy, but it was also here in a week, which isn't bad.
I've built custom exhausts for my other cars, and spent in the $1500 range, and this was a little less, and I just bolted it on in a morning.

Just my $0.02.

I just bought a Legendex from Superior engineering for my HDJ81. Yeah, shipping was crazy, but it was also here in a week, which isn't bad.
I've built custom exhausts for my other cars, and spent in the $1500 range, and this was a little less, and I just bolted it on in a morning.

Just my $0.02.

I've spent double that. It wasn't cost putting me off. I was having issues finding exhaust that'll ship. This thread has found two

The point is, cost isn't my concern. Availability is.

And my lightnings exhaust was a tick over 3k.
I did mine out of 3inch 304, turbo flange, flex joint, muffler, pipe and hangers for just under 350$. If 2k isn’t a big deal, bring that thing over and I’ll make it from the turbo flange all the way back .

Forgot about 3 SS v-band clamps and it’s all inside the frame rails, and purged.

I did mine out of 3inch 304, turbo flange, flex joint, muffler, pipe and hangers for just under 350$. If 2k isn’t a big deal, bring that thing over and I’ll make it from the turbo flange all the way back .

Forgot about 3 SS v-band clamps and it’s all inside the frame rails, and purged.

Can you have it done in a day?

1293E227-26B8-48F4-B53C-6C44C1074B7C.jpeg
I can make a few if people are interested, then they can just have a local shop build from there. I’ll cut a SS turbo flange this time. Just let me know

View attachment 2905897I can make a few if people are interested, then they can just have a local shop build from there. I’ll cut a SS turbo flange this time. Just let me know

I'll shoot you a pm to get a realistic cost and such. I'm only an hour and a half drive away.
I ask about a day because it's my daily and if it's down for very long it raises cost due to time and inconvenience if that makes sense. A full kit I can install myself in a day vs having my rig down for fab work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom