1HD-T 93FZJ(professionally converted)…What's the market value? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You can buy it in Canada and drive it across the border if it's more than 25 years old. If it's less than 25, then you have to half-cut the truck. I agree to your point that it makes more sense to do a 1HD conversion than a cummins. I have seen many cummins conversions, and just cant stand the noise they make.

LOL, with all due respect, almost nothing of this is true. Maybe the estimated value in CAD, but even in Canada a clean left hand drive truck will bring a lot more than the RHD imports.
Once crude drops below $80 shale oil production becomes unprofitable, so it will never reach $60.
In the US Diesel is not 25% more expensive than gas. Places here in San Diego sell diesel for a few cents less than super unleaded.
If anything, the 1HDT and 1FZ are equal in durability. But the 1HDT is not known for cooking the head gasket.
:beer:

Price of crude just closed below US$58.00!

I know this is way off topic, but if I were to do this over again, and knowing what I know now, I wouldn't even hesitate at getting an HDT over the FZ. I only drove my buddies HDJ81 twice, but what I really noticed and liked, was that going up and down the hills around my neck of the woods, the boost would just climb from 5-6 psi to 10-12 psi without downshifting like it would with my FZ. It is not a direct comparison because I'm on 35s and he has 31s, but there is also that sweet turbo whine.:grinpimp:

Yup. The difference is even more noticeable at altitude where a naturally aspirated motor might lose 20-30%; a turbo engine creates its own atmosphere and will only lose about 5% power.

Yup. The difference is even more noticeable at altitude where a naturally aspirated motor might lose 20-30%; a turbo engine creates its own atmosphere and will only lose about 5% power.

Which is why forced-induction was introduced into aviation around 100 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom