1HD-FTE "tik, tik, tik" noise (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Experts,
When I sit in the drivers seat (RHD), and I change gears, as soon as I put my foot on the clutch I can hear a tik, tik, tik noise on the left side of the engine. It seems to coinside with RPM and engine load. When under load there is no noise. Put the foot on clutch and load is stopped the ticking begins and as the RPM decreases the frequency of the ticking slows.

Could this be the valve train? v/v adjustment? Or something more sinister?:eek::eek:

If it's when you are disengaging the clutch, my bet is its throwout bearing.

I

Last edited:
It doesn't happen as the clutch is engaged or disengaged. Only on up shifts when engine load is removed. If I went from 3rd to 4th but left it in neutral, took my foot off the clutch. Its still makes the taking noise which slowly disapates as rpm drops. I can only think a loose tappet would cause this.

Experts,
When I sit in the drivers seat (RHD), and I change gears, as soon as I put my foot on the clutch I can hear a tik, tik, tik noise on the left side of the engine. It seems to coinside with RPM and engine load. When under load there is no noise. Put the foot on clutch and load is stopped the ticking begins and as the RPM decreases the frequency of the ticking slows.

Could this be the valve train? v/v adjustment? Or something more sinister?:eek::eek:
Hello,
I suspect that it is the lower clutch pump's pushing rod that is vibrating. Put some thick #2 grease and see if it stops.

No, I haven't checked the tappets yet.
I had them checked less than 10Ks ago and had a dyno about 2000ks ago and since then, the tiking noise has got progressively worse.
Im reluctant to drive it because of the potential damage that may occur. Checking the clearances is the next step.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom