1HD-FTE question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys,
I have owned a couple 1HD-T in early 90's HDJ81's. Now looking into a late 90's 101 with the FTE. Does the FTE have the same issue with the BEB's that the T did? Are there any other problems to be aware of?

Any and all advice is welcome and appreciated.
Thanks
James

Hey Guys,
I have owned a couple 1HD-T in early 90's HDJ81's. Now looking into a late 90's 101 with the FTE. Does the FTE have the same issue with the BEB's that the T did? Are there any other problems to be aware of?

Any and all advice is welcome and appreciated.
Thanks
James

Which importing agency are you planning on using? I have been having trouble finding a good reputable import company to help me find a 101.

Which importing agency are you planning on using? I have been having trouble finding a good reputable import company to help me find a 101.
People I know who have imported rave about Brave Auto. I think @IanB brought in his HDJ81 through them.

People I know who have imported rave about Brave Auto. I think @IanB brought in his HDJ81 through them.

Nick and I have actually discussed via PM's, last I heard he was having a tough time getting a response from Mark. I've imported both my HDJ81's, my old Hilux Surf, and my MB E55 AMG through Brave Auto and have been very happy with them.

Nick and I have actually discussed via PM's, last I heard he was having a tough time getting a response from Mark. I've imported both my HDJ81's, my old Hilux Surf, and my MB E55 AMG through Brave Auto and have been very happy with them.

Yeah EVERYONE has suggested them actually, but I have not been able to hear anything back from them. I've sent at least 5 different emails with no response. It's been 2+ months of waiting for correspondence but to no avail.

Sorry for the slow reply. My app isn't working for some reason.

I use www.jdmconnection.ca William is fantastic. I have imported 3 JDMs with him, and have numerous friends that have used him. Does good work and has a load of connections over there to get you exactly what you want, and do a full inspection on it.

No beb problems. If the egr has not been disconnected the manifold will be pretty chocked up with oil/carbon. Great engine. I just sold mine yesterday with just over 200k trouble free ks on it.
How do you clean out the manifold? Just take it off and clean it? or is it more involved?

THanks

Yep, just unbolt it. You have to remove the injector lines to get it off, but thats not a big deal. Just soak it in a good degreaser/solvent and make sure to clean the ports in the head too. You will be amazed at the amount of crap in there.

Once it's back on, completely block the egr to avoid reoccurrance.

Yeah EVERYONE has suggested them actually, but I have not been able to hear anything back from them. I've sent at least 5 different emails with no response. It's been 2+ months of waiting for correspondence but to no avail.

I'd recommend BraveAuto too! I've brought in about 10 vehicles through Mark and I've been very satisfied with every one of them. Mark is EXTREMELY busy these days. Apparently, the market is really good for him with clients from Europe, and they are buying high end stuff. As a result he may not be looking at e-mails from too many people he doesn't know.

You could try and go through Sean at Zen as well. He's located in Calgary and buys through Mark only. Also, you could try Derek Pacific Coast if you aren't getting anywhere with BraveAuto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom