1HD-FTE Limp mode (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi!

My 2000 LC has developed an issue.
Today after the walking the dogs & going home it throw a check engine light and went into limp mode. I've tried to shut down / restart the car, but the issue was still there.
When I got home I've read the codes with TS, and this is what came up:

1609161833143.png

After clearing the trouble codes, the problem went away, but I don't know what to do long term.
Anyone has experienced something like this?
I know there are not many diesel users here, but maybe..

Cheers & Happy Holidays!

Hi,
didn't experience that problem (yet) with my 100 but it is a somewhat common problem on the Diesel 100, maybe i can give you a hint in the right direction! Apperantly the problem is your accelerator potentiometer and the most common fix is to get a new accelerator unit which is flippin expensive (like 800 €). (As you're located in the EU you might want to check out euro4x4parts, they have a "cheaper" one than the toyo dealers : http://www.euro4x4parts.com/toyota_..._engine/I/injection_potentiometer_accelerator )
there are some rumors about a matching partnumber of a Avensis T20 or later Gen Avensis potentiometer that fits on the 100 pedal aswell (as you can't order just the potentiometer for the 100 and have to buy the whole unit) but I didn't dig into that topic too much yet so can't confirm.

hope I could help!

Cheers,
Nick

Last edited:
Hi,
didn't experince that problem (yet) with my 100 but it is a somewhat common problem on the Diesel 100, maybe i can give you a hint in the right direction! Apperantly the problem is your accelerator potentiometer and the most common fix is to get a new accelerator unit which is flippin expensive (like 800 €). (As you're located in the EU you might want to check out euro4x4parts, they have a "cheaper" one than the toyo dealers : http://www.euro4x4parts.com/toyota_..._engine/I/injection_potentiometer_accelerator )
there are some rumors about a matching partnumber of a Avensis T20 or later Gen Avensis potentiometer that fits on the 100 pedal aswell (as you can't order just the potentiometer for the 100 and have to but the whole unit) but I didn't dig into that topic to much yet so can't confirm.

hope I could help!

Cheers,
Nick
Thank you!

You're welcome! Keep us posted about the issue!
knew a guy that had to be towed 200km out of the desert in Mauritania by his travel buddies because of that problem, so i guess it's worth fixing;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom