1HD-FTE Interest? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.urbanlandcruisers.com
Hi All,

What sort of interest would there be in 1HD FTE full conversion kits? We start with a truck so we can supply all that is needed.

Hi All,

What sort of interest would there be in 1HD FTE full conversion kits? We start with a truck so we can supply all that is needed.

I'd like to know the pricing as well for the engine and engine with installation. I'm in the position to purchase one a bit cheaper than most (currently stationed in japan) however buying the motor, crate and shipping would probably cost the same.. just less of a headache for me to have the vendor take care of it

Can someone please tell me how to PM on this new forum set up?

Not really sure yet on pricing. What we do with other kits is to provide as much as we possible can for a swap into a petrol truck. Right now best guess for a full conversion kit would be 13k ish +/-

1HD-FT with H151F kits for the 80 series would be interesting. Running this motor in my 45, thus would be nice to have the same setup in my 80...and a massive improvement on consumption. As others have said, the devil is in the price and what would be included.

The 1HD-FT is pretty easy to get/install. I am interested in seeing if there wold be much demand for the 1HD-FTE...the fancy version :)

The only thing fancy about that engine is the wiring.

Would your "package" come with the computer(s) and plug-and-play harness?

I would think the 1HD-FT would be more desirable for its simplicity of swapping, since you don't have to mess with the computer of the 1HD-FTE. But that is obviously just my opinion.

Yes the wiring is a more difficult but the 24 valve FTE drives way smoother then the 12V FT.......although I would choose the 12V for its simplicity when doing a swap :)

Not really sure yet on pricing. What we do with other kits is to provide as much as we possible can for a swap into a petrol truck. Right now best guess for a full conversion kit would be 13k ish +/-

Never happening in that price range. I'd be amazed if you were able to get it for that price range and produce quality, good work.

Just my honest opinion having gone down this road for a bit.

TO clear up any confusion.....

the ballpark kit price was not installed, that was the kit for the customer to install

We will give you any part of the donor truck you want but for sure all wiring, computer etc.....

Urban Land Cruisers LLC
info@urbanlandcruisers.com
404 915 1281
Atlanta, GA USA

Urban Land Cruisers + Rovers Ltd.
Info@urbanlandcruisers.com
+44 020 8133 1557
Level 3, 207 Regent Street
London
W1B 3HH
United Kingdom

Registered in England and Wales with company number 09003009

Last edited:
We purchase fully running vehicles. Generally these are wrecked or can no longer pass MoT in the UK. Entire driveline is checked over then test run.We provide a video of the compression numbers, general running and oil pressure. Prior to delivery we install water pump, thermo etc..... Some of the kit components depend on the type of motor but generally we want to replace all of the failure points and often replaced general service parts.

Motors are provided with a 6 month warr for the motor itself, all internals etc.... All motor accessories that are not replaced by us are a 30 day warr, the items we replace or provide prior to delivery have a 1 year warr.

If we install the driveline we change all warr to 1 year.

We have brought in literally hundreds of Land Rover turbo diesel kits sold exactly as above. I think the extra work we do combine with the parts provided and the warr make these a very fair deal for all of us.

Urban Land Cruisers LLC
info@urbanlandcruisers.com
404 915 1281
Atlanta, GA USA

Urban Land Cruisers + Rovers Ltd.
Info@urbanlandcruisers.com
+44 020 8133 1557
Level 3, 207 Regent Street
London
W1B 3HH
United Kingdom