1hd-ft turbo upgrade *pics* (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i have a 3" strait through exhaust , the factory dump pipe is 2.5" so i cant see it being biggest bang for $ upgrade
its going in for tune tomorrow morning if they say the dump pipe is a problem i will have to change it but ..for now

specs
3" exhaust
top mount intercooler with fan
rebuilt / increased flow injector pump

rebuilt increased cracking pressure injectors

turbo t61 Air Inlet 3"

Compressed Air Outlet 2.5"

Bearing Journal Bearing

Turbine Housing Flange 4-bolt

Exhaust Outlet 4-bolt

HP ~500 WHP

Internal WG: 8PSI

Compressor .50 A/R

Turbine .63 A/R

Compressor Wheel 60 Trim Compressor Wheel

Exducer: 84mm

Mayor:66.6mm

Turbine Wheel Exducer: 74.6mm

Mayor:64.6mm

Mate, you need a decent dump pipe (at least) bolted to the turbine housing, if not a whole new exhaust system. That will get that new hairdryer spooling a bit quicker! What are your plans in the exhaust department?

my slightly different to stock exhaust/dump pipe

4inchdump.jpg

that is large

:D 4" changing to 3" just in front of the transfer case. No bends over 45degrees (after the dump) all the way to the back.

My thoughts were it would provide zero back pressure for the initial burst of exhaust on acceleration allowing the turbo to spool up quickly. seems to have worked, but I dont really know if it would be an improvement over a 3" dump or not? :D

Can i ask who in perth did your tuning and what HP did you end up with? Also who did your IP and injectors?

Cheers,
Brendan

i have a 3" strait through exhaust , the factory dump pipe is 2.5" so i cant see it being biggest bang for $ upgrade
its going in for tune tomorrow morning if they say the dump pipe is a problem i will have to change it but ..for now

specs
3" exhaust
top mount intercooler with fan
rebuilt / increased flow injector pump

rebuilt increased cracking pressure injectors

turbo t61 Air Inlet 3"

Compressed Air Outlet 2.5"

Bearing Journal Bearing

Turbine Housing Flange 4-bolt

Exhaust Outlet 4-bolt

HP ~500 WHP

Internal WG: 8PSI

Compressor .50 A/R

Turbine .63 A/R

Compressor Wheel 60 Trim Compressor Wheel

Exducer: 84mm

Mayor:66.6mm

Turbine Wheel Exducer: 74.6mm

Mayor:64.6mm

Have you got and pic's of the waterline removal and how you blanked them off?
Just putting a modified turbo on mine and the water pipes are fouling the air inlet pipes

Because its a "log" style. All the EX ports flow into the main cross channel at right angles, creating turbulance and poor flow.
I just recently tested back to back the factory log style vs a custom split pulse divided manifold with zero other changes and the difference was huge! Off boost low RPM is where it made the most change. First gear is now useless as I can now take off in second. Those that say it makes no difference at low RPM obviously haven't tested it! :p

IMG_7136-1024x768.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom