1HD-FT EGR parts identification (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pki

Threads
Hi.

New here, but reading since some years. It would be nice if you can help me to identify all parts of the EGR system on my engine. I want to remove it as i don't need it :)

Is there some trouble with the ECU? Will it throw the check engine light?

The solenoids near the two EGR valves are not visible on the picture, i think they are directly controlling the opening of the valves (1 and 2).

1,2: EGR valve
3: pressure sensor for turbo overpressure light?
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:

egr.JPG

my FT doesn't have any of that, and I don't think there is an ECU, just a control module for the auto, the attached pic shows your type.

EGR.png

OK, but something controls the EGR valves so there has to be an module for it. I have manual tranny so no auto. The pic does not show the valves on the left side. Confirms #1,2 and 3.

Ok, let me have a go. I have an FTE which has got all that stuff removed. Those switches look the same as mine, so I would expect them to be the same.

#3; turbo pressure sensor (if you unbolt it and turn it over it actually says 'Turbo Pressure Sensor'))
#4; damper
#5; VRV (vacuum regulating valve)
#6 & #7; possibly vacuum regulating valves??
#8; not sure
#9; filter

On the FTE factory setup, the rubber vacuum (boost) line went from the intake manifold, into #9 (filter), then to #5 (VRV), then into #3 (turbo pressure sensor). Since installing some GTurbo hardware, I have had to leave out #9 filter because 36psi tends to blow that hose off it very quickly.

My setup now is simply the vacuum (boost) line from the intake manifold, straight to the turbo pressure sensor. I would like to reinstall the filter to protect the turbo sensor, but yet to find a hose clamp small enough.

Thx

I want to remove all this stuff, so no problems with removed pressure sensor and #6&7?

I removed the egr system completely in my 95 euro HDJ 80. Before I removed it the engine had some irregular speed in low rpms. After it was 100% good. The irregular engine speed I think was because of dirty valves in the egr system. When 100% closed the engine ran much better.

I put egt sencor in the exhaust manifold plate, and turbo pressure in one of the two intake plates.

But the glow screen is connected to ground through the egr system, it won't work if you not connect it with a electrical cable.

Bjørn Erik
95 HDJ 80
97 LX 450
12 ram 2500

...via IH8MUD app

The EGT sensor works on one cylinder, is this ok? I have a plan to do the same, but not sure if the sensor should be placed after the 6 cylider are toger in one pipe.

It's of course not the best, but it's easy! Having it in the center you will only have the average from the six, one could still be high or low. The best would be to have one for each cylinder, but I'm not there...

A friend of mine had it in the same location and after a while moved it to the center, the readings was the same. On his engine!

Bjørn Erik
95 hdj 80
97 lx 450
12 ram 2500

...via IH8MUD app

Thx

I want to remove all this stuff, so no problems with removed pressure sensor and #6&7?
Those sensors on my car are still plugged in, just cable tied out of the way. I have not removed the turbo pressure sensor as mentioned in the last paragraph of my last post.

My engine being the FTE doesn't have the little plate in Beaas's photo, I have my EGT sensor drilled and tapped into the exhaust manifold just above the flange to the turbo. It's only cast iron, so not difficult to drill and tap.

7: seems to be BACS (Boost and Altitude Compensation Stopper)
6: seems to be SICS (Starting Injection Control System)

Is SICS for engine start purpose (cold start?) or some control of the injection timing?

Haalo from italy, I made this modify 15 years ago. I reassembled a part of various valves in order to switch off the preheat lamp in the dash. for 14 years the system worked well. in the last year i have preheat lamp always on. So I removed all components. @ the moment I'm trying to switch off lamp in the dash...

There is a relay under the right battery box. Sometimes they are rusty or go bad and will trigger the light on the dash.

Haalo from italy, I made this modify 15 years ago. I reassembled a part of various valves in order to switch off the preheat lamp in the dash. for 14 years the system worked well. in the last year i have preheat lamp always on. So I removed all components. @ the moment I'm trying to switch off lamp in the dash...

Hello Andrea have a look at this two youtube videos. There you can see how to put preheat lamp off, in disconnecting and reconnecting the batteries. Unfortunatelly this proccedura has to be repeated every time i shut off the motor.
(easy way to disconnect batteries)
(two different glowings of the preheat lamp)
Best regards form Miguel Louro in Portugal (miguelvlouro@gmail.com)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom