1HD-FT and Canada & USA Diesel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Re read the first line...South America 2015.

That is a gasoline rated filter, the diesel rated inline filter is shown in message #7
I've never seen those here, I can find only the yellow ones. Educate me on this please.

Rudi

Let me re phrase the question. What's the difference between a gasoline and a diesel filter.

Rudi

That is a gasoline rated filter, the diesel rated inline filter is shown in message #7
I wouldn't waste my time with the filter in post 7.

Did some research and this is what i found out;
WIX #33002: paper filter, 20 micron for gasoline
WIX #33972: mesh filter, 50 micron for gasoline and diesel
From a (John Deere) tractor forum: Those mesh filters should be called "strainers"

Anyways, I've used 2 paper filters in the past 5 years with no problems at all and I'm glad that the crud is in the pre filter and not in the stock filter.

Rudi

From a (John Deere) tractor forum: Those mesh filters should be called "strainers"

Absolutely. That'll only stop stuff big enough to block up a petrol carby jet. It'll do nothing for the life of your injection pump.

I wouldn't waste my time with the filter in post 7. Absolutely. That'll only stop stuff big enough to block up a petrol carby jet. It'll do nothing for the life of your injection pump.
Pay attention, the inline filter is a pre-filter and a means of seeing the fuel condition. You obviously missed the point.
What you wouldn't waste your time on isn't relevant to the discussion.

Pay attention, the inline filter is a pre-filter and a means of seeing the fuel condition. You obviously missed the point.
What you wouldn't waste your time on isn't relevant to the discussion.

I didn't miss the point. It's a complete waste of time. That strainer which doesn't have enough capacity for the flow required and is impossible to unblock. Which means if it does block up you'll be able to see exactly what it has caught and be able to do absolutely nothing about it.

Where a bowl filter shows exactly what it's caught (including water), is extremely easy to empty can be attached to a filter that actually filters. Cartridge filters actually filter and are extremely easy to change.

I mean really. If you're going to use the name of a fictional Engineer you need to at least display some logic.

The NAPA/Wix prefilter works very well in combination with the Toyota Landcruiser water separator/sedimenter to monitor fuel condition.
If that's beyond your understanding then it's not your concern is it?
The comment about filter capacity and flow shows ignorance of reality, and little or no practical experience with that prefilter.

http://www.biographi.ca/en/bio/galt_john_7E.html
Keep making foolish assumptions about people you don't know, it clearly shows your credibility.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:
The NAPA/Wix prefilter works very well in combination with the Toyota Landcruiser water separator/sedimenter to monitor fuel condition.
If that's beyond your understanding then it's not your concern is it?
The comment about filter capacity and flow shows ignorance of reality, and little or no practical experience with that prefilter.

Beyond my understanding? Nope.

An easily blockable strainer which can't be cleaned the last thing you want on any vehicle. If it's not cleanable in the field then you've just installed a blockage waiting to happen.

http://www.biographi.ca/en/bio/galt_john_7E.html
Keep making foolish assumptions about people you don't know, it clearly shows your credibility.

Have a nice day.

Well you certainly weren't born in 1799. So you can't claim that one.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Galt

Nothing wrong with my credibility.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom