1HD-FT 80 series build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Might as well pull the manifold while the bolts are still fresh, also a good idea if its your first one, I did on my first attempt to make sure where any webbing might be located, done about a dozen now.

What size exhaust are you running? Mufflers or straight through?

Also curious on any intake mods you might have made (or future plans) to get the G turbo breathing, maybe along the lines of this thread

https://forum.ih8mud.com/diesel-tec...hz-1hd-t-1hd-ft-airbox-intake-mod-thread.html

Any more pics?

Might as well pull the manifold while the bolts are still fresh, also a good idea if its your first one, I did on my first attempt to make sure where any webbing might be located, done about a dozen now. What size exhaust are you running? Mufflers or straight through? Also curious on any intake mods you might have made (or future plans) to get the G turbo breathing, maybe along the lines of this thread https://forum.ih8mud.com/diesel-tech-24-volts-systems/731686-official-1hz-1hd-t-1hd-ft-airbox-intake-mod-thread.html Any more pics?

I'll upload more pics soon. Have to get them off the laptop and camera.
The exhaust is stock with a flow through muffler. The plan is to put in 3' pipe soon.
The intake is stock with a Toyota snorkel. Probably restrictive, but i do not have plans to change it at this time. Since i can get 20 psi of boost at 2300 rpm i am not worried at this time.
Cheers
Jan

Jan,

From the pics of the engine, it looks like you removed the ACSD. Where did you get the plate and O ring?

Nathan

G'Day Jan, Congrats on the great pictures looks better than new. I was wondering if when you did the rebuild and checked the oil pump tolerances if they show any wear at all. Seeing as they are running at idle/operating pressures a lot lower than the 2H motors do especially when the 2H pressure relief valve body is worn. The 1Hz and 1HDT always runs way cleaner oil [far less soot etc] than the old 2H for any comparable mileage. When changing the bearings on two 1HDT motors I noticed the sludge in bottom of the sumps were so much less than any 2H I had seen before. Regards

G'Day Jan, Congrats on the great pictures looks better than new. I was wondering if when you did the rebuild and checked the oil pump tolerances if they show any wear at all. Seeing as they are running at idle/operating pressures a lot lower than the 2H motors do especially when the 2H pressure relief valve body is worn. The 1Hz and 1HDT always runs way cleaner oil [far less soot etc] than the old 2H for any comparable mileage. When changing the bearings on two 1HDT motors I noticed the sludge in bottom of the sumps were so much less than any 2H I had seen before. Regards

There was no wear whatsoever in the oil pump. But this engine was pretty much new to begin with, so I would not have expected any. When we opened it up the pink toyota marks were still on cam and crank…

The 2H I had turned oil black in minutes. On this one I'll do the first change (100 miles) on the weekend, but I expect it to be pretty clean.
cheers,
Jan

Jan,

From the pics of the engine, it looks like you removed the ACSD. Where did you get the plate and O ring?

Nathan

Got mine from John at Radd Cruisers

It came in a kit with the o-ring, plate and bolts

Well done Jan. Looks great. Time to put the trials of the past behind.

I have my pyros pre turbo on the 1HD-T and post turbo on the 13BT. The pre turbo pyro reacts much quicker. Whoever had my engine in Japan ran it with a pyro as it was already drilled and tapped.

Looking forward to your updates.

(g-Turbo and intercooler are on the list for my 80)

gb

Seriously, considering what you have been through recently, I'm very stoked that you have a phenomenal engine in there Jan.

:cheers:

Beautiful work too.

Hi Jan,

Wow, that motor looks great. Definitely I would like to hear more about the specific changes, tuning, and adjustments made to your injection pump. Other than not having an intercooler, I am going to run the Grunter Extreme also on my 1HD-FT in the 45.

Steve

Looks great! Glad to see you're having better luck this time around.

Hi Jan,

Wow, that motor looks great. Definitely I would like to hear more about the specific changes, tuning, and adjustments made to your injection pump. Other than not having an intercooler, I am going to run the Grunter Extreme also on my 1HD-FT in the 45.

Steve

Hi Steve,
Graeme will tell you exactly how to have the pump adjusted. I did not do that myself, I gave the specs to my pump guy, as it needed lots of calibration for the new settings. I'll pm you.
cheers,
Jan

looks great!

regarding the drilling the manifold: there are some threads about that. I've done it on-truck, twice, no problems. running at idle while you drill will blow the flecks out, but
1) wear glasses
2) work quickly, that manifold heads towards 300 degrees

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom