1fzfe turbo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There is also a guy in the page that did same thing in the us. Like I said have a look on the page..

Read the posts on Facebook and see that it can be done.

Sorry I know it is confusing. You live in Australia and do not have an OBDI truck. Your truck does not have OBD. So yes you can put a turbo on it. You do not have the emissions controls or same ECU as the US.

So glad you threw a turbo on your truck it really makes the 1FZ come alive, but you can not do it the same way and keep a truck alive in the US with the OBDI trucks.

Technically you can do it as I have done..

Hi guys i am attempting a turbo install on my 93 80 series with the old air flow meter and am aiming for 4-5 psi just wanting to know if anyine has done it with the old models like mine. Can i get away without an intercooler. Its a stock 1fzfe stock computer and injectors. Turbo is to4z
Thanks guys
if you aiming to 5PSI max then just a waist on money - I have TRD SC with original pulley I was pushing 5 PSI max it is nothing I got smaller pulley I can hit 9PSI but still not a lot of power to feel a god kick you need 15PSI with inter cooler but then your engine will not last. So I learn that making "brick to fly" is expensive and not worth it.

Also not an OBDI truck, and you are comparing a supercharger pushed way out of it's efficiency range with no intercooler to a properly sized turbo.

My engine has lasted properly setup on more than 15psi with zero issues.

Please try and keep things clear. This does nothing more than muddy the water for forced induction on the 1FZ.

if you aiming to 5PSI max then just a waist on money - I have TRD SC with original pulley I was pushing 5 PSI max it is nothing I got smaller pulley I can hit 9PSI but still not a lot of power to feel a god kick you need 15PSI with inter cooler but then your engine will not last. So I learn that making "brick to fly" is expensive and not worth it.

I was considering a venture down this rabbit hole years ago. Then I discussed it with @scottryana and came to understand the mountain of hurdles I would need to electrically engineer around. Made my head spin. I now have no desire to try and boost my 93 US spec 1fz.

@scottryana is the authority IMO on turbocharged 1fz-fe's

I'm in the process of turboing my 94 aus spec fzj at the moment...cant you guys do what I'm doing and fit an aftermarket ecu?
Surely it can be turned to suit your emission regs

I'm fitting a haltech elite 2500 and I'll also befitting a can to obd2 adaptor cable.
It's very simple to do

That gives you a way to monitor computer outputs it does not pass our OBDII emissions scans.

I'm fitting a haltech elite 2500 and I'll also befitting a can to obd2 adaptor cable.
It's very simple to do

Also not an OBDI truck, and you are comparing a supercharger pushed way out of it's efficiency range with no intercooler to a properly sized turbo.

My engine has lasted properly setup on more than 15psi with zero issues.

Please try and keep things clear. This does nothing more than muddy the water for forced induction on the 1FZ.
always was curious under witch RPM load you can push to 15PSI with turbo?

I'm in the process of turboing my 94 aus spec fzj at the moment...cant you guys do what I'm doing and fit an aftermarket ecu?
Surely it can be turned to suit your emission regs

5 speed or auto? We only have autos here so that's another issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom