1FZFE Transmission Fill Tube Vent Fitting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm rebuilding a 1995 80 Series LC 1FZ-FE engine. The transmission fill/dipstick tube has two vent hoses. The shorter hose has a plastic fitting that broke off. I have no idea where this goes or the specific part that is broken. Does anyone recognize the part in the picture below?

20220606_144949.jpg

More info, I've reached out to Toyota and they show the part in their parts diagram but it has been discontinued and there is no part number available.

It's been a long time, so I don't remember. Is that plastic piece attached to the transmission, or to the opposite end of a hose coming off the transmission?

If the latter, it's pretty common to extend all the breather hoses to a higher location and eliminate the factory tees and valves:

The transmission dipstick tube has two vent ports with hoses attached. There's a long hose and a short hose. This fitting is on the short hose on the opposite end from the dipstick tube.

I'd like to recap my findings here as I believe this may help others. There is a breather port at the top of the transmission and base of the bell housing with a nylon fitting that commonly breaks off. The part number is 90930-03098.

Removing the broken segment was a bit of a challenge. The inserted end expands against a shoulder inside the transmission. I had to thread a small tap into the opening to remove it. If you insert the tap too far, the retention lip will not collapse.

20220724_212605.jpg

Untitled.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom