1FZFE swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That’s an unanswered question. With everyone doing swaps to 80 series these days why is there not a complete kit on the market? I’ve seen kits for Land Rover discos ,Jeep’s , etc. yet no kit for an 80 , the market would be huge I know I would buy. The only thing keeping me away from doing a swap is the time an effort , now on my built 80 I would consider the effort..
Because cracking the Toyota ECU and trans ECU to convert to LS or whatever is the hard part. Parallel or in place of on the computers. It's the electrical part that becomes the most labor intensive and expensive part of the swaps. The early (91-92) trucks are better for the swap because they have less electronics.

FWIW, no matter how you go - 2 tips I can offer.

-11x17 copy machine lets you copy 2 FSM pages per sheet.

-Get a vegetable box, and extra cardboard for ‘file dividers’

Buy a fresh box of gallon Ziplocs, and minimum 5 new bold Sharpies.

Labeled bags go into box, with cardboard dividers.

Also, you can ziptie labeled bags of hardware to say the intake manifold or such parts, similar if you pull the core support & bring the motor/trans out the front.

-A crappy Zev or similar Android phone & a big memory card - pics, pics, pics.

I organize my swap work, and it pays off in spades.

I have somewhere over 10 car motor pulls & either refresh or total swaps to my name, and a few more like the Coast Guard approved (insurable & safe) -LS3 conversion in the jet boat or my old dirt bikes as a kid.

Sorry little miscommunication, the 94 needs the engine , it threw a rod and is toast, the 97 is 180k miles and running like a top so I’m not going to touch it til it needs to be touched , I’m on the search for a 93-94 1fzfe to throw into the 94 . Are you interested in the blown engine ?

I have done this sort of my 93 has a 97 block as my 93 deck was pitted real bad so I sourced a core motor when I rebuilt it.. , as others have said.. its not that hard, there is a crank Sensor on the obd11 you don’t need, swap the long block, just leave the crank sensor.. while you are there add a coolant temp in the water neck….

good luck.. took a while to find a 1fz core….

There are EGR differences between 1st gen FZ-FE (93/94) and the 2nd gen (95-97 in the US) so that may be a difference in the heads to overcome(?) That damn valve that rattles on startup on the 1st gen engines always was the most annoying part of my 80(s) to me...

FWIW I will have a 94 complete engine/transmission/locked axles up for sale very soon but it has unverified and probably high mileage. And possibly another whole 1st gen 1FZ-FE (low compression but likely head gasket) as well in a few weeks. In Austin TX. You can PM me if any of wall looking for an early block want or need...

There are EGR differences between 1st gen FZ-FE (93/94) and the 2nd gen (95-97 in the US) so that may be a difference in the heads to overcome(?) That damn valve that rattles on startup on the 1st gen engines always was the most annoying part of my 80(s) to me...

FWIW I will have a 94 complete engine/transmission/locked axles up for sale very soon but it has unverified and probably high mileage. And possibly another whole 1st gen 1FZ-FE (low compression but likely head gasket) as well in a few weeks. In Austin TX. You can PM me if any of wall looking for an early block want or need...
94 egr is easy to delete. If no emissions tesrung in OPS area then I would delete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom