1FZE Naturally Aspirated Upgrade (CLOSED) (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Stock displacement is 100m bore x 95mm stroke = 4.477L

101mm bore x 95mm stroke = 4.567L

Wait wait, so if I am on the stock crankshaft right now, and the stock 1FZE has a 100mm bore x 95mm stroke. The +101mm bore ross pistons, does that mean 101x95, how does it affect displacement ? I don't know how that works. I know those two numbers multiplied by the cylinders give 4.5L. But what does +101 mean that's my question.

Stock displacement is 100m bore x 95mm stroke = 4.477L

101mm bore x 95mm stroke = 4.567L

When you put it that way its clear, however what confused me is the terminology used locally here. People just call it piston 50 or piston 100. or the OEM piston ZERO. So I initially had the ridiculous assumption that piston 100 meant +100bore putting it to 200 bore x 95 stroke

How does increasing the bore reinforce the cylinder walls?? The stock block would be just fine if the stroker was done correctly, no changes need to it. I have offered to do all the work in the last stoker thread so the guy would have a viable kit, but I told him that even if i did the R&D for free the cost would be close to $15k and he was never heard from again. lol.

I meant that one would ideally have a block with extra material in the cylinder walls already--to allow for an increased bore while maintaining long-term reliability.

Well when people say 50 or 100 over, that is short for 50 thousands of an inch or 100 thousands of an inch larger than stock. It surprises me that since the stock pistons are in millimeters and Qatar uses the metric system that they would use that terminology. The most common size in the US for pistons used in rebuilds is 40 over. That way the engine block can be cleaned up and new pistons can be dropped in.

When you put it that way its clear, however what confused me is the terminology used locally here. People just call it piston 50 or piston 100. or the OEM piston ZERO. So I initially had the ridiculous assumption that piston 100 meant +100bore putting it to 200 bore x 95 stroke

Well when people say 50 or 100 over, that is short for 50 thousands of an inch or 100 thousands of an inch larger than stock. It surprises me that since the stock pistons are in millimeters and Qatar uses the metric system that they would use that terminology. The most common size in the US for pistons used in rebuilds is 40 over. That way the engine block can be cleaned up and new pistons can be dropped in.

Aha ok, what is the reason or the necessity to bore the block and install larger pistons when doing a rebuild?, here you could find 50 over or 100 over pistons by Toyota, OEM.

If the bore has any scuffs or wear marks people clean the bore up which removes a little material so you need a little larger piston.

Aha ok, what is the reason or the necessity to bore the block and install larger pistons when doing a rebuild?, here you could find 50 over or 100 over pistons by Toyota, OEM.

If the bore has any scuffs or wear marks people clean the bore up which removes a little material so you need a little larger piston.

Okay, now it's starting to all make sense. Much appreciated.

Oh and I bet what they mean when they say 50 over or 100 over is 50 hundredths of a mm or 100 hundredth of a mm. Because Toyota offers pistons in 100.50mm and 101.00mm. That would make more sense for a country that uses the metric system.

Okay, now it's starting to all make sense. Much appreciated.

Oh and I bet what they mean when they say 50 over or 100 over is 50 hundredths of a mm or 100 hundredth of a mm. Because Toyota offers pistons in 100.50mm and 101.00mm. That would make more sense for a country that uses the metric system.

.100mm increase seems insignificant or are small increases potent when it comes to bore/displacement?

Cam swap is done! This cam sounds choppier, almost like a 1970 classic dodge challenger at idle.

I also installed a new OEM radiator. The old radiator was dirty and had damaged fins.

Dyno test tonight, fingers crossed 300 wheel hp!

ill try my best to get footage and pics of the power band.

9CB97673-6A0E-4D20-B505-988417536017.jpeg

Last edited:
My guess is 234whp

The tuner told me the average wheel HP of an N/A engine with full heard work and no stroker(stock crankshaft) is between 250 wheel HP and 290 wheel HP. So I'm hoping to sit between 290 and 300, where that peak HP comes in the powerband is also important.

Well let us know! That would be a really huge gain from a truck that makes 130-150whp.

The tuner told me the average wheel HP of an N/A engine with full heard work and no stroker(stock crankshaft) is between 250 wheel HP and 290 wheel HP. So I'm hoping to sit between 290 and 300, where that peak HP comes in the powerband is also important.

Ok it is the next morning, how did it go?? :)

Well let us know! That would be a really huge gain from a truck that makes 130-150whp.
Ok it is the next morning, how did it go?? :)

Tuner delayed it !

Hopefully, we will get it done this afternoon. I'll update you guys.

*One thing to keep in mind scottryana: the 1FZE on my 100 series is the updated version that comes with the 105 series in Australia and 100 series in the lower trims in the middle east (gulf). This newer 1998+ 1FZE does have some updates that increase power output from the factory, just keep that in mind.

Stock:
240 hp (179 kW) (1FZ-FE 1998-2009)
300 lb⋅ft (407 N⋅m) @ 3600 RPM (1FZ-FE 1998-2009)

Changes:
1. Redesigned head
2. More compact pistons
3. Longer intake runners.
4. 4 Nozzle injectors.
5. Direct ignition (no distributor)
6. Updated throttle body.

Engine bay pic before upgrade (stock):

IMG_3138.JPG

Last edited:
Yeah we only make 212hp and 275ft/lbs here in US.

Tuner delayed it !

Hopefully, we will get it done this afternoon. I'll update you guys.

*One thing to keep in mind scottryana: the 1FZE on my 100 series is the updated version that comes with the 105 series in Australia and 100 series in the lower trims in the middle east (gulf). This newer 1998+ 1FZE does have some updates that increase power output from the factory, just keep that in mind.

Stock:
240 hp (179 kW) (1FZ-FE 1998-2009)
300 lb⋅ft (407 N⋅m) @ 3600 RPM (1FZ-FE 1998-2009)

Changes:
1. Redesigned head
2. More compact pistons
3. Longer intake runners.
4. 4 Nozzle injectors.
5. Direct ignition (no distributor)
6. Updated throttle body.

Engine bay pic before upgrade (stock):

View attachment 2437181

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom