1FZE Before and after clogged cats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What's wrong with 5 grand? Toyota put the limiter at 5500 for a reason

Ah yes I forgot to mention, this 1fze is the second-gen 1fze put on 1998+ lc100 (in the gulf and middle east), and lc105 in Australia.

It has some updates over the first-gen 1fze and the raised rev limiter.

5000 RPMS???? What is this, an Integra Type-R? You guys treat your Land Cruisers massively different than most of us over here. Awesome to see.

5000-5500 redline is useful for the dunes, allot of the times you have to be bouncing of the rev limiter to climb over steep dunes, even with momentum if you stay on a high gear it will just bog down very easily, so sometimes you have to be either hauling ass, or on low at third gear rev limiter.

Just did a airbox ghetto mod , removed the fender cover, in hopes to feed the 1fze more air , ambient temperature air. Hopefully denser charge of air.

or just more debris and water

I really do find alot of joy with tinkering

Be sure to clean your filter more often now @ALBO 🙂

EF34ECEE-6B70-4717-98D5-1699BE1A4F23.jpeg

E5A93ED6-AAE1-4A04-81B2-C56DFE6D89E6.jpeg

B611B8B7-7152-4741-AF75-8C27A25615D2.jpeg

Anytime you improve air flow through the motor the power range shifts up,cat delet,long tube headers,port work.inline motors have inherent good torque in lower rpm ranges.so here you have the best of both worlds.
good work,get rid of that rev limiter.

Anytime you improve air flow through the motor the power range shifts up,cat delet,long tube headers,port work.inline motors have inherent good torque in lower rpm ranges.so here you have the best of both worlds.
good work,get rid of that rev limiter.

Is it really a direct correlation? More airflow , power band shifts up and vice versa ? I think there is more to the story

Velocity vs restriction ? Larger diamter more flow and less back pressure BUT less velocity and less scavenging ?

That sure seems like a horrible idea for little to no gain.

Actually It “feels” like it gained some noticeable power, slightly louder intake noise as well.

I am not sure if it’s “imaginary hp”/placebo but I feel more power. Especially when holding at a specific rpm and flooring it it wakes up faster I’ll have to shoot another video and compare side to side

Is it really a direct correlation? More airflow , power band shifts up and vice versa ? I think there is more to the story

Velocity vs restriction ? Larger diamter more flow and less back pressure BUT less velocity and less scavenging ?
pretty much then you start getting into,cams, piston design,fuel delivery.a large oval or round port =less restriction until the exhaust cannot scavenge any more then it starts developing back pressure.balance is the key.with direct port injection you can move lots of air.

I put the the videos side by side(before airbox mod and after air box mode), and I have to say I am shocked, or confused or happy?

There's no way it made that much difference ?, I went through the video frame by frame to ensure both clips start the exact same time!

Keep in mind, same road, same direction, although not sure about climate differences. I did not take any measurements of humidity, wind direction, or wind speed.

The dashboard light and oil pressure gauge were fixed today, electric connection issue.

RIGHT SIDE = after air box mod | LEFT SIDE = before airbox mod(completely stock airbox system)

Last edited:
Why was I under the impression that back pressure doesn't really matter in gasoline, 4 stroke IC engines? Or that you don't need to have back pressure present in the exhaust to get power? Especially on NA engines. Turbo, different story.

Why was I under the impression that back pressure doesn't really matter in gasoline, 4 stroke IC engines? Or that you don't need to have back pressure present in the exhaust to get power? Especially on NA engines. Turbo, different story.

Yes backpressure is not a requirement but it is somewhat of a tuning factor.

Smaller diameter tubing = increased velocity which means more scavenging of exhaust gases. but more backpressure Good for low to mid range

No backpressure like open headers or really large-diameter tubing usually have gained higher up in the power band, but you will hear people claim you will loose low-end torque.

Although I have seen videos like the ones on motor trends engine master series, where they show that adding something as simple as a 8 inch pipe (collector extension) to an open header will significantly improve low-mid range power and torque.

That's all I understand, this is not a definite explanation Im sure there's more to the story.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom