1fz / tranny / transfer case won't come out of truck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ended up loading engine into the back of a pickup and driving over to the local service shop for them to spin off the crankshaft pulley bolt with their big air compressor and pneumatic air gun. The thing would not budge.

How do you remove the lifters in the head? I'm use to being able to just pick them up with my fingers. It looks like there is a some kind of lock holding these in?

Note:

When removing the lifters, adjusting shims, valves, valve spings, springs seats and spring retainers make sure to arrange or mark where they came out off... and put them back in the same place....

If you missed this step then I think you will have to use a gauge to make sure you use the correct shim.

By the way... there should be nothing holding down the lifters... AFAIK

Last edited:
Dropped off the head and the crank at the machine shop. Ready in a couple of weeks!

Okay, head serviced, crank ground ten thousandths. Don't have that Toyota service manual and the Haynes one says to check specs for main bearings with plastigage but doesn't give the tolerance. Anyone got that number?

Pics later tonight.

The gear on the front of the driveshaft, and the gear that drives the oil pump seem to be free spinning as I look at reassembling the front cover. Is that correct? Crank is torqued down, connected.... I would have guessed that the gear would be fixed to the crank.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaYanKqvn5I

Last edited:
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom