1FZ Stroker Cranks, anyone want one 114mm? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.wdmoore.ca
Hi
I have done the numbers and measurements and 114 stroke is doable as long as we keep it below stock rpm 5,500. Have also run the numbers through Engine Analyzer pro. With 10:1, minor porting, mildest aftermarket cam, larger valves, and piston/chamber coatings, I am seeing a potential for over 430lbs torque at3,500, 300 at 1000 rpm, and hp of 360 at 4500. Sounds driveable and fun.
I am just about ready to order a 110mm from a reputable US crank builder for $3,500, but now I see a Chinese one for $1,600 for 114mm. But I need to order 2.
Also want titanium rods which I also need to order 2 sets $1,600 set or $260 for billet.
I know, Chinese.......
But I would just like to do as a cheap experiment for ..its and giggles.

Anyone interested? 50% down rest on shipping.
Want more info?

Why Titanium rods? Most exotic cars only need titanium rods to keep the rod together past 9,000 RPM. Just seems like a way exotic item to have on a motor that will be spinning around 5,500 RPM.

I'm just having fun, lightness would help if I wanted to spin it up and keep it light, I might spin it up at a later date.

I know Chinese may be poor quality but at that price I would be willing to find out. I would completely measure the crank and rods for spec and have tested in a number of ways, of course. I have found the stock crank to be a bit off spec, can't imagine it would be worse. Worth a try.

From Johnson Liu, Yuda Performance?

17239913_415259268823705_114947783698851067_o.jpg
17218465_415259265490372_1530292950464014626_o.jpg

I'm just having fun, lightness would help if I wanted to spin it up and keep it light, I might spin it up at a later date.

I know Chinese may be poor quality but at that price I would be willing to find out. I would completely measure the crank and rods for spec and have tested in a number of ways, of course. I have found the stock crank to be a bit off spec, can't imagine it would be worse. Worth a try.
Haven't quite figured yet, need to deck block first but probably 1mm short. I have a few options but I will choose minimum piston CD first, then HG, then rod length.
I know. Rod Stroke ratio........ It will be low, around 3.5, however at these low revs and a daily driver, not racer, I will see how long it lasts. Should be fine.

Not those exactly, I was dealing with Peter Wang but I think a lot of people advertise from the same factories. there are a few offerings, and only two that will take a small order. I don't want to waste that much money to buy 2 so if there are no takers I will go 110 from USA.

Yep, Peter and Johnson work together.

They actually do quite a bit of off the wall stuff for the 1FZ guys in the middle east. Lots of 105 and 110 strokers and aluminum rods. But they are basically disposable parts.

Not those exactly, I was dealing with Peter Wang but I think a lot of people advertise from the same factories. there are a few offerings, and only two that will take a small order. I don't want to waste that much money to buy 2 so if there are no takers I will go 110 from USA.

The Middle East guys call all their parts disposable as they run giant boost and revs, wonder how long parts would last in a street, mild strip setup.
One way to find out

Well I wouldn't run aluminum rods in a street setup no matter how mild. The benefit is just not worth the risk. Since you are looking at low revs, I would definitely not bother with titanium either. Sure it is cool to say you have it, but I really don't see the benefit given that you aren't going to boost it or rev really high.

If you wanted high revs, I would certainly use exotic materials to keep things as light as possible.

One thing I would look at for your custom pistons is I WOULD NOT use the stock wrist pin size. of 1.024"x2.750" I would drop down to a more common size like the LS 0.927" this would give you a little more room to drop CD and lighten the piston and pin.

Exactly as I plan. I won't be running aluminum, either billet or Ti. The reasons for Ti are rather wasteful, somewhat theoretical, and for future proofing:
1. I would just like to see if there really is any benefits, however minor such as engine response, to a superlight and strong reciprocating assembly. And I can afford it.
2. Theoretically if everything in the engine is as light as possible, as long as its strong enough, the engine should create less friction in critical areas. Last longer also.
3. This short block may well be the base for another engine, possibly shorter stroke, higher revs. I really don't know.

Definitely will be looking at the strongest, smallest, lightest wrist pins money can buy.

I reposted this to my build thread to try and bring conversation back there.
Started this thread just looking for someone to join in purchase. Probably won't happen, I will see if the US shop will supply 114, that would be safer anyway.

Say no to Chinese. I work for a pipeline company. Quality control is horrible.

Say no to Chinese. I work for a pipeline company. Quality control is horrible.
Which company? I supply pipe. While I definitely agree there are Chinese steel companies that produce utter crap, there are a few high quality Chinese mills that are even on the Lloyds Approved Register.

When it comes right down to it, I would rather support North American steel whenever possible, but for some the unobtainable becomes reality by looking to China.

Which company? I supply pipe. While I definitely agree there are Chinese steel companies that produce utter crap, there are a few high quality Chinese mills that are even on the Lloyds Approved Register.

When it comes right down to it, I would rather support North American steel whenever possible, but for some the unobtainable becomes reality by looking to China.
We buy nothing from China. It's not a company thing, it's a country thing.

We buy nothing from China. It's not a company thing, it's a country thing.
Like the country is constitutionally incapable of producing quality? Or you just refuse to do business with China because of other reasons?

Like the country is constitutionally incapable of producing quality? Or you just refuse to do business with China because of other reasons?
Company policy. We buy something that has Chinese valves, we replace them. Nothing Chinese.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom