1fz head - machine shop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know a good machine shop on the west side that is familiar with the 1fz?

Plan to start a head gasket job this weekend. I had Dadja's diagnose it for me, unfortunately I cant afford to pay someone do it right now. This was my first trip over there and the quoted price was reasonable, just more than I have. Great service.

here is a previous thread on this topic. Anyone use Automotive Machine and Supply for a 1fz before?

Machine shop in DFW area

He wasn't willing to. Although, when I asked he may have thought I was going with another shop. He also said to give him a call if I wanted to sell it :)

I called Wes Automotive Machine in Haltom city and they're pricing seemed reasonable.

Side note: anybody have an M11 X1.25 thread cleaner/chaser? I think I have everything I need except for this.

Diving in. Hope to have the engine out by this afternoon.

IMG_3640.JPG

i had the engine out by noon on Sunday. Other than a couple stuck exhaust manifold/pipe studs, it went pretty smooth. Head is at Wes' Machine shop in Haltom City. I called Automotive machine and Supply and they were in the middle of moving their shop to Cleburne and wouldnt be able to get to it for another month. They were extremely helpful over the phone though and I definitely would have gone there if they could have gotten to it sooner.

I'll post further updates in the main 80 section, here:
Coolant leak with heater valve closed

Good work on the cajones to tackle it. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom