1fz-h55f bellhousing pre-order (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Stoked.

Who has done this swap in an 80?

@TurboDennis

I was looking for an H151 to mate up direct to 1997 1FZ FE .... this is next to impossible to find here in the US.

But it seems if I can get this custom bell housing from FJCO , and a new in box H55F it will work just fine with the US 1FZ-FE ?

Someone please confirm ?? What about transfer case ?? Flywheel ??

@Dragos80 I agree. I don’t get the H55 love. Seems like I see more threads about problems with them than others. But I’ve never owned or driven one, so who knows. I’d get real excited about the A750.

Why not a H150/H151/H152? Don't want to be a damper on someone investing in stuff for our older trucks, but the H15# are a stronger box, have factory bell housings available, Can have a 300mm clutch for power adders and with the correct oil, imho are no less pleasant to shift than the H55

I've owned and driven Landcruisers since 1977, I'm yet to see a H55F completely fail unless subject to extreme abuse and lack of maintenance.
Agreed, and behind a 2H/12HT/1HZ etc, certainly but I wouldn't have wanted one behind my turbo 1FZ...

Last edited:
@AussieHJCruza

My initial thoughts were to take my 97 FZJ80 US spec and just swap the automatic transmission with an H151 ... but I cannot find any for sale here in the US.

I would be happy if you have any h151 leads for me ....

Otherwise it seems like the Custom bell housing and H55 is my only option

@AussieHJCruza

My initial thoughts were to take my 97 FZJ80 US spec and just swap the automatic transmission with an H151 ... but I cannot find any for sale here in the US.

I would be happy if you have any h151 leads for me ....

Otherwise it seems like the Custom bell housing and H55 is my only option

New H150F transmissions are still available from Toyota (though not in the US-- would need to come from overseas).

33030-6A420 is the part number. Comes with bell housing, clutch slave cylinder, shift fork and throwout bearing. Also comes with applicable switches, bell housing boot for fork, and adapter plate to mate with your transfer case. Not cheap, but readily available new and the H150F has a very nice low first gear.

Last edited:
Very cool part!

One question about the website video. Is it accurate that during design of this bellhousing there were white gloved engineers consulting each other in front of schematic projections on the wall?

I loled a bit.

Carry on.

I don’t want to hijack this thread, but I have no other way to get in touch w you @beno

Pls call / text / PM me

Let me know your PayPal for consulting fee

512-8o8-9001

-Thad

I don’t want to hijack this thread, but I have no other way to get in touch w you @beno

Pls call / text / PM me

Let me know your PayPal for consulting fee

512-8o8-9001

-Thad

you are fine dude. No need to pay me or anything

part number above is good and available from all of the online non-US sources (partouq.com/Amayama.com/ etc).

New H150F transmissions are still available from Toyota (though not in the US-- would need to come from overseas).

33030-6A420 is the part number. Comes with bell housing, clutch slave cylinder, shift fork and throwout bearing. Also comes with applicable switches, bell housing boot for fork, and adapter plate to mate with your transfer case. Not cheap, but readily available new and the H150F has a very nice low first gear.

IMHO, H150 + 4.11 + 35s is perfect, with the H151, it always felt first needed to be a bit shorter.

Who has done this swap in an 80?

No one, because it’s completely illogical.

The benefit of this combination is to put a 1FZ-FE in vintage Cruisers......not a vintage H55F in new.

I was looking for an H151 to mate up direct to 1997 1FZ FE .... this is next to impossible to find here in the US.

I have an H151F, as well an H150F, both with HF1A mechanical cases, HD/HZ or FZ bell housing, flywheel and clutch......which is about 45% of what’s necessary to swap.

While I’d love the opportunity to drive a 5 speed 1FZ-FE, it sure wouldn’t be an H55F in an 80, and cheaper to buy an HDJ80 than it’d be to cobble up a swap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom