1FZ FJ40 Problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm trying to put in a 1FZ-FE into my 72' FJ40. I'm not really an expert so i'm having alot of problems, mostly about trying to get 1FZ things to fit into the 40. I hope you guys can help out.

Right now we cant seem to fit in the air filter. I noticed on a picture of a FZJ71, that it didn't have this little box i have circled in the pic below. Can some1 please tell me what this is??
this1.1.jpg

PAIR valve. It's an emissions control device, works similar to an air pump on the f/2f.

HTH,

could you please explain this a little more. Is it important or can i remove it? And there is also a black box that comes between this device and the air filter. I cant upload any more pics cuz apparently i've hit my limit :confused:

If u buy a star, u get to post lots of stuff. If u have something like <25 posts, u are limited to how much u can post. I've forgotten what the limit is.

What year engine is the one you are putting in the FJ40?

Finding the year is easy, there should be a serial number on the passenger side of the block, either on a tag between the valve-cover and head, or cast into the block itself, near the bellhousing. From there, just look up: "Toyota Serial Number Decoder" or some such combination online, run the serial, and you'd get your year-model.
The only manual tranny that runs with the 1FZ is the H151F, that's the one you're likely to have.
Best of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom