1FZ-FE Wix Oil filter? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, what wix filter are u guys using on your 1FZ-FE? I went to auto parts store to get buy a wix filter and the book said 51348 is the correct filter. I thought it was the 51515?? I used to use 51515 on my previous 92 3FE but I thought the oil filter is the same as on my current 97 FZJ80?

51515 is what I am using

Cool. Thank you! I just want to make sure that it will work

IIRC, both will work, depending on year, both are "correct". The 51515 is the older/larger filter, the 51348 is the newer/smaller filter. I run the small filter.

Per Wix website specifications:
51348 is a 15 micron filter
51515 is a 20 micron filter

Just buy 5 from Mr t. And be set for awhile.

$45 for 10 Shipped for OEM, Chk Ebay with Part #. Granted they are now made in Thailand.
I have a box of 10 for each of my Toys. They also fit Mazdas but not Hondas (Metric Threads). Toyota's are standard Threads...no clue why?

I'm not sure what Mr T charges for his filters but when they do the yearly filter sale at NAPA and CARQUEST you can get 5 for less than $20.

Locally (middle tn) the filter sale is The first, third, and fifth Friday every month. All Napa filters are 1/2 price.

Locally (middle tn) the filter sale is The first, third, and fifth Friday every month. All Napa filters are 1/2 price.

Wow, ours only happens once or twice a year. I used to always stock up but I found a deal on rockauto last year for 65cent filters. I still have a whole case left.

Linking this for a warning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom