1fz-fe oil catch can post up your set ups!

mudgudgeon

SILVER Star
Be careful that your catch can isn't too restrictive.

Lots of turbo diesel guys here and on other cruiser forums around the webs creating oil consumption issues because catch cans are too restrictive, and pressurising the crank case

Reactions: CJK

CJK

SILVER Star
Be careful that your catch can isn't too restrictive.

Lots of turbo diesel guys here and on other cruiser forums around the webs creating oil consumption issues because catch cans are too restrictive, and pressurising the crank case

+1 on that. I wanted to protect the turbo impeller so I dropped $500 in catch cans as insurance. Good news is that risk was mitigated and bought me time until I need to rebuilt top-end.

Also, make sure your catch can seals properly to prevent vacuum leaks (on PCV <> Intake Manifold circuit). You can also add an in-line valve between catch can and intake to isolate.

One quick question, can you keep the EGR system while adding an oil catch can as well? i have 1HD FTE engine. Thanks

93yotasr5

Molon Labe

Still running the same separator from 11 years ago. Prevented many miles and years worth of oil getting into the plenum. Not as pretty as the one I have in my tundra but it works the same.

AC71A190-DFB7-41D7-BC75-4FBD9909E009.jpeg

1653761742167.jpeg

Kinda dirty but I’ve had this KK Moon can in on the PCV side for a year +. Bout half full after 5k miles. Need to make it easier to remove and dump but it’s not often that it needs done either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom