1FZ-FE headgasket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ordering a head gasket kit for my 1FZ. I ordered the arp head studs and a new water pump. Any other parts you recommend I change while in there? I got the head gasket kit from wits end.

Anything that you have to take off while you’re getting to it. Coolant hoses, vacuum lines, vacuum check valves, PHH, valve seals. Tune up items(plugs,valve cover seals, spark plug seals, spark plug wires, could, dizzy stuff) you can try to take a step further and check timing chain/front main seal/oil pump/rear main seal/oil cooler. Check/wrap engine harness next to EGR. You can find threads on her with all the part numbers.

There are a couple of gaskets that were missing from the OEM kit when I did mine. @NLXTACY is pretty complete when he does his business. Hope those missing ones are in your kit. If I recall it was the oil pump gasket and a small gasket between oil pan 1 and 2.

Anyone order stuff from Wit’s end? I ordered my head gasket kit a little while ago and haven’t got an update

Anyone order stuff from Wit’s end? I ordered my head gasket kit a little while ago and haven’t got an update
Yes, he's there and reliable. He just is going through some personal stuff (moving, wife sick, and he was sick), so send him a message on here as well, and he will get back to you.

Please be patient.

@NLXTACY

Ordering a head gasket kit for my 1FZ. I ordered the arp head studs and a new water pump. Any other parts you recommend I change while in there? I got the head gasket kit from wits end.
Power steering pressure and return hoses. They're a pain to get at unless the radiator's out.
Front shocks and any front steering bushings you can afford (the wheels will be off, so you might as well address that stuff).
Clean your injectors.
Address your rotting rear heater tubing.
Plan on buying new knock sensors. And possibly the harness connectors.
Buy the longest length vacuum line from Toyota, and replace all your vacuum lines.

While you're waiting for the machine shop to renew the head (that is in the plan, tight?), clean and polish your valve cover, intakes and throttle body. You have time while you're waiting. Then, all your friends and neighbors can ooh and ahh over your clean engine.

Oh, and don't forget about the rear brakes. Since you'll have the engine out, the front axle torn apart, all rubber parts removed, it will make it easier to install new rear brake pads, rotors, and hoses.

Oh and don't forget the wheel bearings.

And the pinion seals

and new driveshafts

and transfer case input and output seals

and a roof rack because you need it.

Better order your QPM now, so it will be ready by the time you have it back on the road.

and an attic rack in the rear

And a set of drawers.

And by God, don't forget the BH3D cupholders!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom