1FZ-FE Fuel Economy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Update.

Replaced the charcoal cannister. Economy is now 16L/100km and getting more power.
Interesting. So you reckon your underperforming charcoal canister was stuffing up your fuel economy? Any idea why or what might be going on? Have you confirmed those economy figures more than once? Cheers

Interesting. So you reckon your underperforming charcoal canister was stuffing up your fuel economy? Any idea why or what might be going on? Have you confirmed those economy figures more than once? Cheers
Fuel economy confirmed over hilly terrain and on the flat, city driving.

It is a Foxwell device and software. OBD2 plug. Charcoal cannister/EVAP was not showing up on the scan.

It is a Foxwell device and software. OBD2 plug. Charcoal cannister/EVAP was not showing up on the scan.
Ok great thanks. It's bloody awesome you could correct your fuel economy like that ! Well done. I'll be looking at this myself as I'm getting both vacuum and pressure in tank depending on situation. My own fuel economy has been progressively getting worse slowly over time so I'm now pretty curious. Could be something completely else of course.

I read your other thread and you mentioned you were buying 2 canisters a Delco and a OEM. Was it the Delco one that you ended up fitting? I can see on my fzj105 that the canister has 2 tabs that slot into the mount and I'm guessing the Delco doesn't have these tabs and I'd need to make up a mount. Also looks like the Delco has the vent port on the top compared to OEM on the bottom but that shouldn't matter at all. Any extra thoughts you have ? Cheers

Ok great thanks. It's bloody awesome you could correct your fuel economy like that ! Well done. I'll be looking at this myself as I'm getting both vacuum and pressure in tank depending on situation. My own fuel economy has been progressively getting worse slowly over time so I'm now pretty curious. Could be something completely else of course.

I read your other thread and you mentioned you were buying 2 canisters a Delco and a OEM. Was it the Delco one that you ended up fitting? I can see on my fzj105 that the canister has 2 tabs that slot into the mount and I'm guessing the Delco doesn't have these tabs and I'd need to make up a mount. Also looks like the Delco has the vent port on the top compared to OEM on the bottom but that shouldn't matter at all. Any extra thoughts you have ? Cheers
AC Delco does not go in the original position, does not have the tabs on the back. I went to RHD Japan and purchased the OEM canister, a lot cheaper than locally. Using Toyota OEM part number 77704-60290. Currently have the AC Delco plugged in until the OEM arrives. Highly recommended you check the canister.

Of absolutely no help but long term around 10 years, like you, over GVM :), my 6.0LS manual on 35's no matter how you drive it is around 17 litres per 100 dynoed 175 rwkw stock OEM Holden VESS tune.

Of absolutely no help but long term around 10 years, like you, over GVM :), my 6.0LS manual on 35's no matter how you drive it is around 17 litres per 100 dynoed 175 rwkw stock OEM Holden VESS tune.
The chevys just give you more for the same fuel as the 1FZFE. Looking in the future at a LT1 Gen V

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom