1FZ-FE crank pump drive gear (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Inkedengine 41_LI.jpg

I have FZJ-100 I changed timing cover seal then I lose the oil pressure and power steering .my question should I tight the pully bolt about 400 N.m or more, truly I'm not using the torque meter when I tight the pully bolt. now I disassembled every thing from beginning to discover the problem and didn't find any damage or wear or anything not normal. now I need your help. normally this gear rotating freely? or I should change the gear or I should using new one and using heat or press it to make this gear not rotating in one piece with crank or should I using more torque power for pully bolt to fix the problem.

The gear is held stationary by the torque applied to it when the Crank Pulley is tightened down. 304 ft. lbs.

IF you do not tighten it properly it will just spin, causing low oil pressure and poor power steering performance as both of these are driven off of it.

The gear is held stationary by the torque applied to it when the Crank Pulley is tightened down. 304 ft. lbs.

IF you do not tighten it properly it will just spin, causing low oil pressure and poor power steering performance as both of these are driven off of it.
thank you very much Sir

thant's not my engine, I take a pic from member post to show the exactly gear, my engine still in the car when I try to fix the oil leak and it's very dirty I hope to take some pictures and show you how it's cover with old black oil

the same happened to me once while I was driving and i just tightened the crank pully bolt as much as I can 🤣🤣 and never had an issue again. some recommended that I should change the bolt to a new one because its stretched and will not hold good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom