1FZ-FE blow small amount of White Smoke [HELP] (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, LX450 owner here.

I have some white smoke coming out of the pipe of exhaust.
I have a 1FZ-FE. Petrol with LPG conversion.

I stopped using LPG for 2 weeks already but I notice some small white smoke out of the Pipe.

I discovered also that the previous owner took out the Thermostat also. So I'm running with no Thermostat now.

Can the white smoke come from the condensation that the Engine keep running cold with no thermostat?
The Oil cap smell a bit gasoline also.

others symptoms that I have: when I open to the oil cap when the engine is running there is no smoke or air push out but the oil cap does smell gasoline a bit.

Thank you

You could pull the spark plugs to see if any of them appear to be "steam" cleaned which would indicate a blown head gasket.
The oil cap odor sounds normal. I'm not sure about the effects of running with no thermostat but your theory is a posibility. Pulling the plugs for inspection is a very easy first step.

You could pull the spark plugs to see if any of them appear to be "steam" cleaned which would indicate a blown head gasket.
The oil cap odor sounds normal. I'm not sure about the effects of running with no thermostat but your theory is a posibility. Pulling the plugs for inspection is a very easy first step.

I just replace the spark plug but I will do the test for sure. What I need to look for already? What does it mean: Steam cleaned?

Thank you

A.

If your head gasket is leaking water into the combustion chamber, that water will become very hot and clean the spark plug so that it will look new or almost new again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom