1FZ-F carburetor section from factory service manual or factory service manual (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello All,

I tried to find carb section of FSM for FZJ-F 80 series. Mine is 1995 model with manual stick and manual locking hub. I found carb tuning section in one of the thread but could not find the full carb section. I would be grateful if someone could help me with it.

Here is picture of the cruiser.

Whenever i press on gas pedal it hesitates momentarily but does not hesitate if i push the gas pedal slowly. In our country Nepal, 99% of these cruisers are diesel. This is a rare petrol cruiser so we don't have mechanics who are familiar with the carb too.

Thank you.
Regards

FJZ-80.jpg

Hesitation or bogging down upon acceleration off idle is an idle fuel issue and there are two causes.
The most likely is a manifold vacuum leak, which makes the mixture too lean to fire reliably. If is most likely because there are so many different places it can leak. To compensate, people turn up the idle speed to pull more fuel out of the main nozzle so that the engine can run, but this also pulls the fuel out of the “transition slot” which is where the fuel needs to come from for a smooth transition off idle. The other possibility is that the idle fuel circuit is plugged, so there is no idle fuel, necessitating increasing the idle speed so it can get fuel from the main nozzle.

It is difficult to distinguish these two possibilities, but it easier to look for vacuum leaks, so start there.

The carb appears to be nearly identical to the FJ60 carb.

Hesitation or bogging down upon acceleration off idle is an idle fuel issue and there are two causes.
The most likely is a manifold vacuum leak, which makes the mixture too lean to fire reliably. If is most likely because there are so many different places it can leak. To compensate, people turn up the idle speed to pull more fuel out of the main nozzle so that the engine can run, but this also pulls the fuel out of the “transition slot” which is where the fuel needs to come from for a smooth transition off idle. The other possibility is that the idle fuel circuit is plugged, so there is no idle fuel, necessitating increasing the idle speed so it can get fuel from the main nozzle.

It is difficult to distinguish these two possibilities, but it easier to look for vacuum leaks, so start there.

The carb appears to be nearly identical to the FJ60 carb.
Thank you, Sure, I will look at at vacuum leaks. In cold start the engine has lower rpm as well. Guess the choke is not working as well.

Thank you, Sure, I will look at at vacuum leaks. In cold start the engine has lower rpm as well. Guess the choke is not working as well.
Mechanic tried to find vacuum leak. Could not find any by spraying carb cleaner in suspect locations. There is exhaust like near the rear tyres and it spurts from there when the gas pedal is pressed and released. Another thing I noticed is that, the plugs are full of carbon, I changed them 200km ago. The tail pipe is in black soot too. I think it is running rich. Mechanic tried to adjust idle speed and idle mixture screw by tuning to highest rpm and then adjust rpm. The mechanic doesnt have tacho or vacuum gauge.

Mechanic tried to find vacuum leak. Could not find any by spraying carb cleaner in suspect locations. There is exhaust like near the rear tyres and it spurts from there when the gas pedal is pressed and released. Another thing I noticed is that, the plugs are full of carbon, I changed them 200km ago. The tail pipe is in black soot too. I think it is running rich. Mechanic tried to adjust idle speed and idle mixture screw by tuning to highest rpm and then adjust rpm. The mechanic doesnt have tacho or vacuum gauge.
Here are few pictures I took of the engine bay around carb.

tempImageJYw247.png

tempImageWd0qTW.png

Maybe ask in the 60 series section, there may be some people more familiar with this style carb over there. Hopefully someone might chime in with some suggestions. I wish I could be more helpful, good luck.

Hello All,

I tried to find carb section of FSM for FZJ-F 80 series. Mine is 1995 model with manual stick and manual locking hub. I found carb tuning section in one of the thread but could not find the full carb section. I would be grateful if someone could help me with it.

Here is picture of the cruiser.

Whenever i press on gas pedal it hesitates momentarily but does not hesitate if i push the gas pedal slowly. In our country Nepal, 99% of these cruisers are diesel. This is a rare petrol cruiser so we don't have mechanics who are familiar with the carb too.

Thank you.
Regards

View attachment 2886563
are you still looking for the manual? if so i have it.
I have a fzj80 manual tranny with a carb as well. let me know if you still need the fsm

are you still looking for the manual? if so i have it.
I have a fzj80 manual tranny with a carb as well. let me know if you still need the fsm
If you can get with the moderators to get this posted in the Resources section above, it would help everyone!

@Malleus

I am seeing almost the exact same symptoms as the original poster. Did he ever resolve?

And did the carb FSM material get uploaded? I think @fghanem may have left the forum...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom