1FZ Crankshaft repair sleeve (RMS side), does anyone have a source? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've checked all over the internet and local machine shops, nobody has a 99mm sleeve that will fit a 1FZ. Either .5mm too big or too small. Just throwing a hail mary out there if anyone has gotten one before? TIA.

Sorry I don't know of a sleeve that will work but I am guessing you need one because a groove has been worn into your crank and new seals aren't sealing properly. If yes, I had a similar issue with a 5VZ engine. I drove the new rear main seal about .050" further than the factory location so that the new seal was wiping an a virgin section of the crankshaft. I made a plastic seal driver on a manual lathe to drive it exactly where I wanted it but you could carefully overdrive the seal while taking measurements with calipers often. Just a thought, but first I would see if overdriving or underdriving the seal are even an option on the 1FZ. Good luck

Sorry I don't know of a sleeve that will work but I am guessing you need one because a groove has been worn into your crank and new seals aren't sealing properly. If yes, I had a similar issue with a 5VZ engine. I drove the new rear main seal about .050" further than the factory location so that the new seal was wiping an a virgin section of the crankshaft. I made a plastic seal driver on a manual lathe to drive it exactly where I wanted it but you could carefully overdrive the seal while taking measurements with calipers often. Just a thought, but first I would see if overdriving or underdriving the seal are even an option on the 1FZ. Good luck
Yeah that is what I'm prepared to do. Engine is rebuilt and already had the rear main seal replaced twice, third times a charm.

Just seems ridiculous there are no sleeves available.

How about metal spray?

This works well. If my little a** town(under 6k people) has a machine shop that’s capable of this, then I’ll bet yours does too. Betcha there’s one closer than you think.

But I doubt it’s your crank that’s worn and needs sleeved/repaired, it’s likely your damper/harmonic balancer. I sleeved mine when I fixed my oil leaks and found a sleeve plus the driver at a local auto parts store. Car Quest IIRC. Just take your damper in with you and I’ll bet they can hook you up.

This works well. If my little a** town(under 6k people) has a machine shop that’s capable of this, then I’ll bet yours does too. Betcha there’s one closer than you think.

But I doubt it’s your crank that’s worn and needs sleeved/repaired, it’s likely your damper/harmonic balancer. I sleeved mine when I fixed my oil leaks and found a sleeve plus the driver at a local auto parts store. Car Quest IIRC. Just take your damper in with you and I’ll bet they can hook you up.

Well I'm not taking the crankshaft out of the engine. The leak is coming from between the crankshaft and the RMS so I don't see how that could be the balancer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom