1FZ Charcoal Canister found?!? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

USMCDocJ

SILVER Star
Threads
Digging for a charcoal canister for my 3FE online and trying to cross reference this part number for some used ones that I found only to find the apparently there's a Toyota dealership that still has some FZJ80 charcoal canisters.

As I don't have FZJ80 I did not verify stock but they are showing in stock on the website and have a price. Link is below. Hopefully this helps somebody out.

This doesn't happen to fit a 3FE as well does it?

It’s not available; hasn’t been available in eons.

Regarding its interchangeability: sure you can make a charcoal canister from another vehicle to work. You’ll need dimensions and then compare against what you have in your FJ80.

They all operate basically the same from that era of automotive technology.

It’s not available; hasn’t been available in eons.

Regarding its interchangeability: sure you can make a charcoal canister from another vehicle to work. You’ll need dimensions and then compare against what you have in your FJ80.

They all operate basically the same from that era of automotive technology.
Right on. I was hoping maybe some random dealership found some old new stock.

Thanks for the info.

This happens a lot with discontinued parts. The Toyota dealers won't update the status until you place an order. Then they'll realize it's discontinued, cancel your order and update the site. In the past, I've "shotgun" ordered the same part from multiple dealers in hopes one actually has it in stock. But now, if one shows it as discontinued, I'll just go to Partsouq, Megazip or Amayama since they have better "real-time" inventory.

Digging for a charcoal canister for my 3FE online and trying to cross reference this part number for some used ones that I found only to find the apparently there's a Toyota dealership that still has some FZJ80 charcoal canisters.

As I don't have FZJ80 I did not verify stock but they are showing in stock on the website and have a price. Link is below. Hopefully this helps somebody out.

This doesn't happen to fit a 3FE as well does it?

I was successfully able to rebuild the charcoal canister in my 91. It was super easy.

On my 97 the charcoal canister rebuild didn't work. The check valve was clogged and I couldn't get it cleaned out.

I would definitely recommend rebuilding your charcoal canister.

Here is one thread on the subject. I am sure you can find others if you search.

I was successfully able to rebuild the charcoal canister in my 91. It was super easy.

On my 97 the charcoal canister rebuild didn't work. The check valve was clogged and I couldn't get it cleaned out.

Right on. Thank you for the link!

I think @LandCruiserPhil did a thread on this too. There's also a commonly-used plastic replacement with its own thread somewhere...

Duralast VC120 or AC Delco SLP-1 215-153 both fit without the bottom retaining bracket and work perfectly.

Reactions: CJK
This happens a lot with discontinued parts. The Toyota dealers won't update the status until you place an order. Then they'll realize it's discontinued, cancel your order and update the site. In the past, I've "shotgun" ordered the same part from multiple dealers in hopes one actually has it in stock. But now, if one shows it as discontinued, I'll just go to Partsouq, Megazip or Amayama since they have better "real-time" inventory.
Partsoq has been amazing and I’m still trying to understand how I gets parts from them wayyy faster than in the US.

Where is the check valve on this?

@BILT4ME

If I remember correctly it's built into the hose nipple on the top of the canister.

On my 91 I was able to spray some brake cleaner through it and it worked fine. On the 97 I couldn't get it to work.

Remove it and install a Gas Filter for $3. I know the Environment and Vapors, but you bought a Cruiser and your DD is a Prius.

A 105-seeies charcoal canister works.

Cheers
Might be a dumb question, but where can you order a vapor canister for a 105 series? The parts websites I regularly use don’t parse a 105 series. They just specify parts by model year of the vehicle, such as 1998, which defaults to a 100 series.

I have a 1995 80 series, and would like a vapor canister for a 105 series as a replacement. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Have you tried www.partsouq.com to find a part number or order from?
Might be a dumb question, but where can you order a vapor canister for a 105 series? The parts websites I regularly use don’t parse a 105 series. They just specify parts by model year of the vehicle, such as 1998, which defaults to a 100 series.

I have a 1995 80 series, and would like a vapor canister for a 105 series as a replacement. Thanks in advance.

Thanks, jaymar! I appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom