1FZ-1HZ swap (specifically wiring) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Gday all,

so I’m a 3rd year mechanic apprentice doing a 1fz swap to a 1hz. Mainly because I’m gonna be touring so I want a diesel for that. Have the engine ready, but no harness. Just wondering if and what is needed for a 1hz engine loom to go in and what I can reuse on the 1fz. It’s a 94 GXL model if that helps. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I know two thirds of **** all about wiring. Cheers

Not many people do 1fz to 1hz conversion as matter of fact I don't know anybody who has done that. Will PM you the details of the guy who did the wiring on my 1fz to 1hdfte but prepare that as this is not common conversion you would be paying more.

Gday all,

so I’m a 3rd year mechanic apprentice doing a 1fz swap to a 1hz. Mainly because I’m gonna be touring so I want a diesel for that. Have the engine ready, but no harness. Just wondering if and what is needed for a 1hz engine loom to go in and what I can reuse on the 1fz. It’s a 94 GXL model if that helps. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I know two thirds of f*** all about wiring. Cheers

Post in the diesel tech forum here. You'll get better responses.
Or join LCOOL.ORG for the forum there (mostly Aussie members).

1HZ only needs wiring for the starter motor, alternator, AC clutch, fuel shut off solenoid at the injection pump, oil pressure sender, temperature sender, glow plugs and glow plug relay circuit

Probably easiest to get an engine harness from a wrecker

Gday all,

so I’m a 3rd year mechanic apprentice doing a 1fz swap to a 1hz. Mainly because I’m gonna be touring so I want a diesel for that. Have the engine ready, but no harness. Just wondering if and what is needed for a 1hz engine loom to go in and what I can reuse on the 1fz. It’s a 94 GXL model if that helps. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I know two thirds of f*** all about wiring. Cheers
Did you manage to find any info on the wiring?? I also want to the same engine swap but need wiring info too..
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom