1F motor carb options

I have a 1968 FJ40. Need to replace carburetor. Current is the 1 barrel Keester. No rebuild kits available, amd the carburetor no longer in production. The recommneded Weber is $500 and requires 1F conversion kit and recommends electric fuel pump. My question is: what wpuld it take, or is it possible to use carburetor that fits 1969 FJ40?

I have never heard of a Keester carb, but Keyster makes carb kits for an Aisan 1 barrel carb which originally came on your F.

Downey

SILVER Star
Ok, so here's your "exotic" choices:
Ebay #265439893884. Holley 94 two barrel for your one barrel intake.
Ebay #265339693328. Adapter to install Sniper fuel injection onto your one barrel intake.
Ebay #254809447034. Dual carburetor & dual intake with dual linkage for your one barrel engine.
Just saying !!!!!

Post a pic of your current set up and manifold.
20211221_141313.jpg

Thanks @MDH33. That's what Im in process of doing. Look like they may have gone to electric choke in '69. Mine is manual, but Iappreciate the confirmation that it is a 2-barrel manifold. Based on the plate that's what I was thinking too.

Thanks @MDH33. That's what Im in process of doing. Look like they may have gone to electric choke in '69. Mine is manual, but Iappreciate the confirmation that it is a 2-barrel manifold. Based on the plate that's what I was thinking too.
F's and 2F's always had manual choke. You just need to find the correct aisin 2 barrel with cable actuated accelerator, not the later linkage type.

This is the type you want, this one went in my '69

i-qzkR2St-L.jpg

i-xczzsKL-L.jpg

You`ll need an insulator as well

i-VXh9jkJ-M.jpg

Sounds good. I'll look for one. Thanks again. Quick question. Where does that vacuum line connect that is coming off the insulator. My curremt one has a smaller vacuum tube like that but I have it taped off. It wasn't connected to anything when I purchased the FK and I cam't find amywhere for it to comnect?

Sounds good. I'll look for one. Thanks again. Quick question. Where does that vacuum line connect that is coming off the insulator. My curremt one has a smaller vacuum tube like that but I have it taped off. It wasn't connected to anything when I purchased the FK and I cam't find amywhere for it to comnect?
FJ, not FK. I have wide thumbs. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom