SOLD 1F harmonic balancer pressed on not threaded (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
my harmonic balancer got damaged and i need to replace it but i don't want to sell the farm to be able to buy a new/used one

my harmonic balancer got damaged and i need to replace it but i don't want to sell the farm to be able to buy a new/used one
I have a double groove from a 73 F engine. PM me if interested.

Single pulley, between 3/69&9/69?

Last edited:
Single pulley, between 3/39&9/69?
Well I only have 1 V-belt but my pulley is 2 groove. It was made 11-68 but badged as a 69

Last edited:
20211022_103844.jpg

@Drake2 @65swb45 @cims1970fj40

Interesting, 1st one I have seen that is not held on with a nut. What determined the use of this style over the ones with the nut and retaining washer? Can anyone chime in on this? I would like to learn more about this.

Interesting, 1st one I have seen that is not held on with a nut. What determined the use of this style over the ones with the nut and retaining washer? Can anyone chime in on this? I would like to learn more about this.
Just production date Drake.

Maybe Toyota Loom Works used the same pulleys on their loom machinery?
I have a factory replacement F135 engine at the shop John. No serial number. It takes the later HB, which tends to confirm my theory that it was just a production date thing.

I have a 1F with the pressed in HB. Block date is 12/20/1967

Curious about the March of 1939 start date?
Before 3/69 there is that fuzzy period that started with the 68 model year and the one-year air injection system.

Before 3/69 there is that fuzzy period that started with the 68 model year and the one-year air injection system.
Yup. I have that exact system with the press in HB with dual pulley and air injection. It's an odd duck

I have a factory replacement F135 engine at the shop John. No serial number. It takes the later HB, which tends to confirm my theory that it was just a production date thing.
Do you still have the HB

Classic cruisers fell through with a harmonic balancer. So i am.still looking

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom