1F/3Speed/Tcase combo : looking for A440F and split case from FJ60/62

93jspec

Cruising the PNW
I am pulling the 1F (new power steering) 2F Dizzy and cover, New Aisin Carb, Headder, 3Speed transmission and T-Case. All are in good working order and if you want it soon come by and hear it run before I pull it. Willing to sell or trade, make an offer.

I am swapping in a 5.3. I have a TH350 but after chatting with Mark at Cruisers Only he started me thinking about using an A440F and a split case. I am looking for both of these or at a minimum the split case.

Toyoland66

Also curious why A440 over something like a 4L60 or 65, I would think the trans that came with the engine would be a batter bet. I thought the A440 robbed a lot of power, also don't know how the two options compare in overall length.

Split case is the way to go either way.

93jspec

Cruising the PNW
I gave up on looking for the A440F, hard enough finding the split case up here. Just going to run the TH350 I have sitting here, it is 1.75 inches shorter than 4L60 but without the overdrive (not to concerned with that) If I remember correctly it was simply to keep things Toyota, and the gearing in the A440 was favorable. It also is another noncomputerized auto Trans.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

Top Bottom