1999 or 2006 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I found mint 2009 Classic Silver 200 with only 125k miles on it last year for my mother for only $25,500. From a dealer. I consider that low milage. The 200 is superior over the 100 in every measurable way if you take emotion out of the picture.
I love 100s and think they are great when the price is right. It just makes no sense to spend 200 money on a 100.
Regardless of how much these vehicles will go in their life... Mileage per year still matters. A 2006 at 85k on the odo vs and 2009 at 125k is not significant but a 99 with 85k on it vs a 2009 with 125k on it is gonna be 9 to 10k miles a year vs just under 4K for that 99.

I found mint 2009 Classic Silver 200 with only 125k miles on it last year for my mother for only $25,500. From a dealer. I consider that low milage. The 200 is superior over the 100 in every measurable way if you take emotion out of the picture.
I love 100s and think they are great when the price is right. It just makes no sense to spend 200 money on a 100.
That’s a great find, but not the norm from what I’ve seen lately. I have nothing against the 200 series and agree that they’re great trucks. I’ve driven a few 200s over the year’s and still prefer the 100 — the size, visibility etc.

Regardless of how much these vehicles will go in their life... Mileage per year still matters. A 2006 at 85k on the odo vs and 2009 at 125k is not significant but a 99 with 85k on it vs a 2009 with 125k on it is gonna be 9 to 10k miles a year vs just under 4K for that 99.
Bad things also happen to trucks that are driven too little. Its not good for trucks to sit and then see only short trips.

That’s a great find, but not the norm from what I’ve seen lately. I have nothing against the 200 series and agree that they’re great trucks. I’ve driven a few 200s over the year’s and still prefer the 100 — the size, visibility etc.
100s seem to be at a peak price wise right now, prices are outrageous. Its never a good idea to buy high.

The nice thing about the 99, other then the low miles, is the fact that I can see 22 years of records for it.

Last night the owner of the 06 emailed me a copy of the Lexus service records plus his service receipts which are thin. There are service gaps. The truck is in beautiful condition.

They are asking 26k for the 06. They are asking $21k for the 99. Not sure what the current market value is for either. They essentially have the same mileage.

Receipts are nice to have. Seriously, what kind of receipts are you expecting for a vehicle with 85k miles other than light bulbs, wipers, oil changes, brake pads and tires? I would buy the 06 in this case because I don't want to pay $21k for a 1999.

100s seem to be at a peak price wise right now, prices are outrageous. Its never a good idea to buy high.

I think used 4x4 values are through the roof for everything from 40s to 200s. I've been saving for a 40 for a few years and even this time last year, $25k could get you a really nice example, those same caliber 40s are now going for $35k. I think the nice examples (from any series) warrant the high dollars, but it becomes crackpipe when people expect all the money for un-maintained rust buckets. I'm hoping by this time next year the market has cooled down a bit.

Considering that you seem to be specifically looking for a low mileage 100 series (<100k on a 14-23 year old vehicle), and what the pandemic seems to have done to used vehicle prices in general, and more specifically Land Cruisers (I assume all 4x4s), finding an owner that wants to “deal” might be a bit of a challenge.

I’m passing on both. AHC on the 99 is out. Neither owner wants to deal. We’ll use our rzr to bomb the backroads for now.

Man, AHC not working and he wants $21k for the 1999? This market is amazing me more and more every month.

I've got a 99 with everything working and a rebuilt title I'll sell you for a smooth $15k 😎

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom